Corporate Accounts Receivable Staff
About the job
The Corporate Accounts Receivable & Revenue Staff will perform necessary research and take actions to ensure the accurate accounting of the company’s accounting records of receivables. Maintaining open lines of communication with our stakeholders and partnering with FP&A to resolve all issues are a must. The ultimate goal is to assist in keeping our collections and invoicing current with our key customers to minimize any disruptions. The desired candidate should be able to facilitate, communicate and execute accounts receivable processes with minimal supervision. This position reports directly to the Corporate Revenue & Accounts Receivable Manager.
- Reconciles and resolves discrepancies in Accounts Receivable ledgers
- Accurately enters detailed data into financial systems
- Generates various reports, registers and spreadsheets; transmits data as needed
- Keeps filing system up-to-date, including boxing and archiving old files and creating new files for each year
- Knowledgeable in Accounts Receivable and able to answer questions related to day-to-day work
- Receives, records lockbox deposits, wire transfers, and other incoming cash transactions; routes incoming monies through lockboxes and/or bank accounts; responsible for lockbox maintenance
- Reviews Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) input, balances reports
- Assures resolution of problems related to sent invoices, invoice backup documentation, purchase orders, contracts, etc.
- Applies daily cash receipts to invoices
- Resolves problems related to invoices, documentation, PO’s, etc.
- Reconciles deposits
- Investigates reconciliation imbalances; reports monthly on any out of balance situations
- Communicates with customers, team members, supply chain personnel, sales, etc. ensuring proper cash applications
A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline is preferred and previous accounts receivable experience is recommended. The applicant must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word). The applicant must be eager to learn, be detail oriented, possess good math aptitude, and be able to work in a teaming environment. The ability to interface effectively with employees at all levels of the organization is an important requirement.
Discretion and trustworthiness, and the ability to keep all Company information and materials strictly confidential (both internally and externally) are essential elements of this position.
Must be well organized, diligent, and be a self-starter with the ability to independently identify work to be done. Must be flexible and have the ability to adjust to sudden changes in work priorities. The applicant must also have the ability to prioritize work generally and in order to accommodate those changes. Attention to detail and extreme care in performing tasks accurately and carefully are also essential.
- Department: Finance & Accounting