Summary: The Marketing Director is responsible for developing and managing all aspects of marketing the Six Flags brand as it relates to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and Hurricane Harbor Concord in coordination with the Park President, Local Director Team, Corporate Marketing team, Consumer Strategy and Experience team for Six Flags. They prepare annual marketing plans, create a calendar of campaigns and events, collaborate with Finance on the marketing budget and analyze the market and competitors. They participate in the development of branding and corporate identity initiatives. They will collaborate with Corporate Alliances, Corporate Communications and Corporate Group Sales to help drive those initiatives. To be successful in this role, you will inspire big-picture creative thinking from the entire team so that all staff are engaged in content creation. You will also play a significant role shaping the properties strategic planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute short-term and long-term Discovery Kingdom marketing strategies aligned with broader Six Flags Marketing and Guest Experience strategies to achieve attendance, per cap, revenue growth goals
- Oversee and actively manage all aspects of admission ticket sales (pricing, attendance goals, season pass sales, pre-sold groups, online sales, etc.), including ongoing adjustments to optimize ticket revenue, and annual operating calendars with guidance from Revenue Management team.
- Work with Northern California Director of Special Events and manage the execution of the Events and partner on the Short term and long-term strategic plan.
- Work with each advertising agency (direct, media buying and planning, creative) to develop and implement specific park marketing plans and creative direction.
- Identify potential marketing partnerships at the local and regional level and develop relationships (through barter, special events, etc.) to increase awareness and grow revenue.
- Provide strategic and tactical support and partnership with Corporate Partnership and Group Sales to grow sales and embrace as part of the marketing team.
- Provide leadership to the Discovery Kingdom marketing team and supervision of the Marketing and Public Relations Manager, Sales Account Manager, Events and Execution Supervisor and onsite supervision of Corporate Partnerships Fulfillment Coordinator
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong team management skills and ability to work productively across various departments
- Possess a high level of creativity, organizational skills, leadership, team building, guest service, safety, analysis, and accountability.
- Demonstrable high competency in written, audio and video presentations and interviews with television, radio and print media organization
- Experience designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns
- Proven work experience as a Marketing Director or other senior role in Marketing, Sales or Public Relations
- Brand Strategy Experience
- Experience with CRM strategies and digital marketing tools and techniques
- Strong leadership and excellent communications skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Strategic mindset, agile with ability to make difficult decisions
- Experience: 5+ years of senior Marketing leadership experience required, with a Six Flags brand preferred. Must have experience building and executing go-to-market strategies. Must have experience creating annual operating budgets and plans.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related degree program is required. Master’s degree (MBA) is preferred.
- Computer Skills: Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Key Behaviors and Capabilities:
- Vision and Strategic Planning
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Innovative Thinker and Problem Solver
- Interpersonal and communication skills
Park President and Vice President of Marketing
Other suggested jobs
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
- Health ScreenerVallejo, CA, United States
- Sr SUP, Park Services - MaintenanceSan Antonio, TX, United States
- Landscaper - Full-Time, Year-Round, w/ Benefits!Agawam, MA, United States
- Warehouse Equipment Operator - Year Round, Benefits, 32+ Hrs WeeklySan Antonio, TX, United States
- Training and Development Supervisor in TrainingValencia, Santa Clarita, CA, United States