Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute industry leading tourism programs that meet and exceed attendance and revenue goals centering on business objectives
- Develop and maintain working relationships within tourism marketing industry
- Manage details of key tradeshows, sales missions, and any tourism events
- Provide insight to management regarding attendance planning, forecasting, and assist in budget development including model generation and historical research
- Supervise tourism team through proper training, goal setting, and delegation of tasks, ongoing communication of park and company strategies as well as professional development
- On a timely basis, provide complete strategic plans as well as status reports relating to current and future activities within tourism functions
- Ensure tourism strategies are tactically executed in a timely manner and within budget
- Execute marketing functions as part of tourism campaigns and provide updates for partner communication and sales channels
- Analyze and communicate the results and trends of tourism sales and attendance by market
- Handle special projects or other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or equivalent experience
- Five or more years of successful experience in a tourism environment
- Ability to function effectively both independently and as a team in a fast-paced environment
- Solid background and knowledge of all facets of tourism marketing. Southern California experience highly desirable
- Strong ability to acquire knowledge quickly in terms of existing and prospective business needs and seek out opportunities that drive incremental tourism attendance
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- High energy, self-motivation, ability to motivate others, strong leadership skills, effective interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong financial skills to monitor tourism programs and ensure strong ROI
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail with outgoing personality and excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and management of digital marketing assets
- Must be willing to travel for relevant meeting and conferences
- Foreign language skills a plus
If you are able to answer "YES" to all of the following questions, please continue the application process by clicking "Apply"
- Can you provide legal documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States?
- Are you able to perform the essential functions of the job for which you are applying with or without reasonable accommodation?
- Within the last 90 days, can you state that you have not used illegal or social drugs (excluding marijuana), such as MDMA (Molly), cocaine and crystal methamphetamine?
- Are you willing to comply with our grooming code which prohibits facial jewelry (other than 2 matching pairs of earrings), extreme haircuts/styles, colors, and visible tattoos on or above the neck or any single tattoo or cluster of tattoos larger than 4” by 4”. (Please answer “YES” if you believe you would qualify for a religious accommodation which might exempt you.)
- I am willing to agree that future text messages relating to Six Flags, Inc., including company news, job posting application status updates, and other information, may be sent on behalf of Six Flags, Inc. to the cell phone number I provide.