Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, establish, and maintain consistent channels of communication to team members, focused on company Mission, Vision, Values, and Mantra.
- Integrate best practices and trends to assist in building employee retention, and morale, including making recommendations to improve policies or practices
- Work directly with park leadership to establish, build, and enhance positive, inclusive work environments and promote company culture
- Manage Team Member Voice program, including trends, follow up, and process enhancements; collaborate with cross-functional teams to align and take actions on insights
- Utilize Team Member Voice, stay interviews, and exit interviews to provide insights into incentive and retention programs and to foster career development
- Develop and manage corporate and park employee communication strategies to address morale, turnover, absenteeism, layoffs, and other employment challenges
- Collaborate with parks and cross-functional teams to gain insights to Team Member satisfaction and workplace values; build strategy to improve employee satisfaction
- Collaborate with Public Relations, Marketing, Park and Shared Service teams to highlight company and team member successes and promote employment brand
- Manage company-wide employee newsletter
- Monitor accuracy and timeliness of information distributed
- Monitor Park intranet websites to ensure updated employee communication information
- Partner with stakeholders on projects and communications that impact the employee experience
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Communications, Journalism, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience in a communications role required with coaching, counseling, or leadership experience highly desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of negotiation techniques and dispute resolution
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations.
- Experience in theme/amusement park setting, preferably in Human Resources
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), web-based and data-management applications
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with interviewing and evaluation of potential employees
- Excellent motivational, leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and travel occasionally, as required
- Other Functions: All other duties assigned or necessary to support the company and parks as a whole. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, or technological developments) dictate.
If you are able to answer "YES" to all of the following questions, please continue the application process by clicking "Apply"
- Can you provide legal documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States?
- Are you able to perform the essential functions of the job for which you are applying with or without reasonable accommodation?
- Within the last 90 days, can you state that you have not used illegal or social drugs (excluding marijuana), such as MDMA (Molly), cocaine and crystal methamphetamine?
- I am willing to agree that future text messages relating to Six Flags, Inc., including company news, job posting application status updates, and other information, may be sent on behalf of Six Flags, Inc. to the cell phone number I provide.