Seasonal Job Opening EMT- B WHAT WE PROVIDE:
This is a position at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, in San Antonio, TX. This position features competitive pay and also comes with perk such as: Free entry to any Six Flags Park for employees and a guest with each visit, additional complimentary tickets for friends and family, discount off merchandise for all employees, flexible scheduling and weekly pay available. WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Patient assessment, including physical examination and First Aid and Basic Life Support including airway management, ventilator support, circulatory and shock management, clinical assessment, orthopedic care, medication administration, obstetrics, medical and trauma care and patient extrication and safety.HOW YOU WILL DO IT:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Patient assessment, including physical examination and First Aid and Basic Life Support including airway management, ventilator support, circulatory and shock management, clinical assessment, orthopedic care, medication administration, obstetrics, medical and trauma care and patient extrication and safety
- Recognizes the need for special or additional assistance, including Advanced Life Support, ambulance transport, aero-medical transport, patient extrication, rescue or other services.
- Acts in the best interest of the patient
- Physician contact, patient transfer and referral, transfer of care and follow up
- Telecommunication, radio communications and dispatch of resources
- Information gathering, reporting and documentation according to established procedures
- Employee, peer, and public interaction
- Inspection, inventory, maintenance, preventative maintenance and cleaning of grounds, facilities, work areas, vehicles, supplies, and equipment
- Safety awareness and reporting; understands and performs appropriately under the Emergency Response Plan, including disaster and Multiple Casualty Incident (MCI) operations and management
- Infection control, biohazards material identification, clean up and disposal
- Basic identification of hazardous atmospheres, materials, and incidents
- Vehicle operations, emergency vehicle operations, and defensive driving, including driving and operating ambulances and other vehicles in a safe manner and is familiar with park and local geography, routes of response, etc
- Administrative duties may include filling, distribution, computer operations, typing and data entry
- Understands, supports, and follows the Standard Operating Procedures and Patient Care Protocols
- Attends mandatory meetings, training and education, etc
- May assist other personnel with their duties
- Must remain alert, helpful, and courteous at all times
- Promotes a professional environment
- Other Functions:
- Performs other duties as assigned, needed, or required
- This position may have potential exposure to blood, bodily fluids, other potentially infectious materials and communicable diseases
- While this job description is designed to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of this position, management reserves the right to add or remove duties/responsibilities as circumstances dictate (e.g. emergencies, technological advances, changes in workload, etc.).
- Must be currently certified by TDH as EMT-B or Licensed Paramedic.
- Must be in good standing with TDH.
- Must have good communication and leadership skills.
- Must be able to perform duties listed in the job description.
- Texas drivers’ license required.
- All other duties assigned or necessary to support the park as a whole.
Safety and Health Services Supervisor
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, or technological developments) dictate. Six Flags is a Drug Free Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested Candidates should apply online at SixFlags.com/Jobs