Our Site Reliability Engineers are responsible for designing, building and scaling core systems that support our mobility applications running in production. They are versatile technologists who have a lot of experience up and down the stack and are comfortable tuning the Linux kernel, automating cloud infrastructure, writing resilient and high performance code or scaling large distributed systems. Premium service and customer excitement are core values of our business and this touches every fabric of our technology stack too. With the challenge of delivering the best customer experience in their hands, our site reliability teams are constantly looking to optimize our service resiliency, availability and performance using cutting edge technology.
You will build, mentor and grow a team of highly-skilled individuals and support them in meeting our organization goals. Although you are an excellent manager, you also have strong hands-on experience and can understand the challenges the team is facing day to day.
Your job – performs as smoothly as our cars:
* You will lead a team of smart engineers on a mission of constant development, enabling them to meet their personal and organizational goals
* You evangelize modern engineering practices and empower engineers to make technical decisions: engineering manager != tech lead
* You will work with Product Owners and Agile Coaches to create a high-performance team and improve internal and external collaboration
* You manage On-Call rotations and engage with stakeholders supporting the team to provide adequate service SLAs
* You ensure you have a team with diverse skill sets in system and software engineering which can tackle any challenges
Your profile – your willingness to accelerate:
* You have BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience?
* You have experience managing multiple teams or a team of at-least 5 engineers?
* You have strong engineering experience in either C++, Golang or Java or hands-on experience in Linux and system engineering using Python, Ruby or Perl?
* You have been responsible for the availability, resiliency and automation of large-scale customer facing infrastructures and/or applications?
* You love supporting other people’s development and at the same your time you keep yourself up to date with the latest engineering trends
Your perspectives – move your career to the fast lane:
We give you the chance to expand your technical skills! We provide you with a modern work environment in Munich! We offer you to work in a highly professional and international team! We offer you a competitive salary!
- Job type
- Munich, Germany
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
This is possible only with the best of talents, who are aware of the fact that the customer is our boss. Employees who are obsessed with making Sixt better every day, always questioning the status quo. Our employees are the initiators and executors of ideas – they get things done and take responsibility. Our employees never give up. They overcome barriers. They are the ones who drive our success and help us reach new dimensions.
Mobility is not just freedom – it’s Sixt.
No day is the same at Sixt. Our staff members never know which new, exciting challenges await them. We help you grow with tailored professional development so that you are equipped to master these challenges. Our employees can choose from a multitude of career possibilities – on a national or international basis, as a specialist or as a manager. We are happy to support exceptional career paths if that is what you are looking for.