What does it mean to work with us? SUCCESS: Sixt is an IT company with a very large car pool. Our inhouse development team is the driving force behind the Sixt software which enables and optimizes the daily work of more than 6,000 employees in over 100 countries. We shape the future of mobility through innovation by using modern technologies! SPEED: Flat hierarchies and short decision paths enable us to be extremely dynamic and always one step ahead. OWNERSHIP: You take over responsibility. You build it, you run it. TEAM: We are more than 15 nationalities committed to the Sixt DNA. Participate in the daily business context, join our regular team events and enjoy IT talks, common conferences and spontaneous beergarden get-togethers.
Do what you love:
* You will be responsible for the maintenance and further development of our backend software.
* You relish the challenge of migrating legacy applications to new technologies.
* You will work together with product management and implement solutions under your own responsibility.
* You will adhere to our high quality and performance standards through comprehensive test coverage and documentation.
* You enjoy experimenting with new technologies, frameworks and tools.
Come as you are:
* You have a degree in computer science, similar technical field or equivalent practical experience and at least 3 years working experience in software development.
* You have good knowledge and hands-on experience of Cobol and SQL on Unix based operating systems.
* You have basic knowledge of an object-oriented programming language (Java, PHP) and relish the opportunity to expand it and put it into practice.
* You have already worked with version control systems (GIT, CVS) and also foster the principles of Agile methods and quality assurance.
* You speak German and English fluently and show a high level of commitment and team spirit.
In addition to the obligatory table football, driving simulators and ping-pong table, we have two dedicated Feel Good Managers who focus on the wellbeing of our Sixt Tech colleagues. Amongst other things they will support you with your relocation, finding accommodation, visa issues and help you to organize team events, Meetups and Townhalls. Our offices have different sizes, you will definitely find something according to your preferences. We follow no dress code. Fun at work and beyond: As a member of the Sixt Family you get attractive car rental and leasing offers as well as access to our large employee benefit portal where you find multitudes of offers for travelling, shopping and more. During breakfast, lunch and dinner our high-quality restaurant offers a daily changing menu. Meat, fish and vegetarian dishes are available, as well as a salad bar and freshly-baked pizza. Our coffee lounge for meeting and relaxing is opened the whole day. Come as you are, and do what you love: Join our 320 IT colleagues and apply now (English or German preferred)!
- Job type
- Munich, Germany
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
This is possible only with the best of talents, who are aware of the fact that the customer is our boss. Employees who are obsessed with making Sixt better every day, always questioning the status quo. Our employees are the initiators and executors of ideas – they get things done and take responsibility. Our employees never give up. They overcome barriers. They are the ones who drive our success and help us reach new dimensions.
Mobility is not just freedom – it’s Sixt.
No day is the same at Sixt. Our staff members never know which new, exciting challenges await them. We help you grow with tailored professional development so that you are equipped to master these challenges. Our employees can choose from a multitude of career possibilities – on a national or international basis, as a specialist or as a manager. We are happy to support exceptional career paths if that is what you are looking for.