What does it mean to work with us? SUCCESS: Sixt is an IT company with a very large car pool. We are one of world's leading mobility providers with more than 100 years of experience, handling more than 2 bn EUR per year. Our inhouse development team, based in Munich/Germany, is the driving force behind the Sixt software which enables and optimizes the daily work of more than 6,000 employees in over 100 countries. We shape the future of mobility through innovation by using modern technologies! SPEED: Flat hierarchies and short decision paths enable us to be extremely dynamic and always one step ahead. OWNERSHIP: We ask you to take over responsibility & you´d be given a wide range of space to share & implement innovative ideas. TEAM SPIRIT & INTERNATIONALITY: We are an international team that wants to learn from each other. Participate in the daily business context, join our regular team events and enjoy IT talks, common conferences and spontaneous beergarden get-togethers.
Do what you love:
* You assume independent responsibility for the operation of our distributed database infratstructure.
* You enable the database access for our development teams and steadily increase DB performance.
* You are responsible for the indemnification of the 24/7-operation, the installation, upgrades and monitoring from our Oracle database.
* You monitor backup and recovery and you are responsible for the monitoring of the HA-components (RAC und data guard).
* You are responsible for growth- and performance analysis and develop strategies for the database optimization.
Come as you are:
* You have a successfully completed university or college degree in computer science, an education in the field of computer science or a comparable education.
* You have sound professional practice in the administration of Oracle databases.
* You have gained experience with Oracle RAC und Oracle Data Guard.
* You are creative, flexible and a team player.
* You speak German and English fluently.
In addition to the obligatory kicker, ping-pong table, driving simulators and project rooms, you will find coffee corners to try out and discuss constructive ideas. Our offices have different sizes, you will definitely find something according to your preferences. We follow no dresscode. As a member of the Sixt-Family you get attractive car rental and leasing offers as well as access to our large employee benefit portal where you find attractive offers for travelling, shopping and more. During breakfast, lunch and dinner our high-quality restaurant offers daily changing meat, fish and vegetarian dishes, as well as a salad bar and freshly-baked pizza. Our coffee lounge for meeting and relaxing is opened the whole day. Come as you are, and do what you love: Join our 300 IT colleagues now!
- Job type
- Munich, Germany
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
This is possible only with the best of talents, who are aware of the fact that the customer is our boss. Employees who are obsessed with making Sixt better every day, always questioning the status quo. Our employees are the initiators and executors of ideas – they get things done and take responsibility. Our employees never give up. They overcome barriers. They are the ones who drive our success and help us reach new dimensions.
Mobility is not just freedom – it’s Sixt.
No day is the same at Sixt. Our staff members never know which new, exciting challenges await them. We help you grow with tailored professional development so that you are equipped to master these challenges. Our employees can choose from a multitude of career possibilities – on a national or international basis, as a specialist or as a manager. We are happy to support exceptional career paths if that is what you are looking for.