What does it mean to work with us? SUCCESS: Sixt is an IT company with a very large car pool. We are one of world's leading mobility providers with more than 100 years of experience, handling more than 2 bn EUR per year. Our inhouse development team, based in Munich/Germany, is the driving force behind the Sixt software which enables and optimizes the daily work of more than 6,000 employees in over 100 countries. We shape the future of mobility through innovation by using modern technologies! SPEED: Flat hierarchies and short decision paths enable us to be extremely dynamic and always one step ahead. OWNERSHIP: We ask you to take over responsibility & you´d be given a wide range of space to share & implement innovative ideas. TEAM SPIRIT & INTERNATIONALITY: We are an international team that wants to learn from each other. Participate in the daily business context, join our regular team events and enjoy IT talks, common conferences and spontaneous beergarden get-togethers.
Do what you love:
* You manage and develop core IT systems with a multitude of interfaces, including a strategic move towards integrating with cloud-based microservices.
* You automate all aspects of the infrastructure and deployment of our software (or are keen on learning the craft).
* You assume end-to-end responsibility for the optimisation of our solutions – from the analysis of new requirements to their implementation and operation, especially in order to guarantee the availability, reliability and efficiency of our current and future IT systems.
* You ensure that our current software runs smoothly and without interruption.
* You constantly discover new technologies and potential applications for our products, while you analyse and solve production problems and ensure that our customers are not adversely affected.
Come as you are:
* You have several years’ professional experience with Linux in an enterprise environment and enjoy new challenges?
* You delight in new technology and are always searching for solutions – not problems?
* You have a solid knowledge of webserver, loadbalancing, security, log management and infrastructure services?
* You enjoy working in a team and doing things together, but can also work independently.
* You know who Jenkins is and are well versed in Bash and ideally other scripting languages such as Python or Ruby?
In addition to the obligatory kicker, ping-pong table, driving simulators and project rooms, you will find coffee corners to try out and discuss constructive ideas. Our offices have different sizes, you will definitely find something according to your preferences. We follow no dresscode. As a member of the Sixt-Family you get attractive car rental and leasing offers as well as access to our large employee benefit portal where you find attractive offers for travelling, shopping and more. During breakfast, lunch and dinner our high-quality restaurant offers daily changing meat, fish and vegetarian dishes, as well as a salad bar and freshly-baked pizza. Our coffee lounge for meeting and relaxing is opened the whole day. Come as you are, and do what you love: Join our 300 IT colleagues and apply now (English or German preferred)!
- Job type
- Munich, Germany
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
This is possible only with the best of talents, who are aware of the fact that the customer is our boss. Employees who are obsessed with making Sixt better every day, always questioning the status quo. Our employees are the initiators and executors of ideas – they get things done and take responsibility. Our employees never give up. They overcome barriers. They are the ones who drive our success and help us reach new dimensions.
Mobility is not just freedom – it’s Sixt.
No day is the same at Sixt. Our staff members never know which new, exciting challenges await them. We help you grow with tailored professional development so that you are equipped to master these challenges. Our employees can choose from a multitude of career possibilities – on a national or international basis, as a specialist or as a manager. We are happy to support exceptional career paths if that is what you are looking for.