Our innovative, IT-based front- and backend services have been key to our success and above average growth. Our team of more than 60 creative minds in the frontend- and backend area are working to help our customers become part of the spirit of mobility. Currently we are looking for an experienced and passionate Platform / DevOps Engineer (m/f) based in Munich.
Your job – performs as smoothly as our cars:
* You will contribute to the introduction of a new state-of-the-art Java platform and you will be responsible for setting up, configuring, optimizing, running and maintaining the required software components, tools and processes.
* As Java platform “owner” you will support the developers with your expertise and the required Dev and Ops bits entailed in your DevOps role.
* You will work as part of a new, dedicated and multi-national team of Java developers according to Agile and DevOps best practices and ensure close collaboration with other departments such as Ops/Infrastructure and DBA.
* Guided by your “automate all the things” instinct you will choose tools and processes to guarantee optimal Infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD, application releases, containerization, monitoring and alerting solutions.
* You will design and implement scaling, standby, recovery and failover strategies to ensure availability and resiliency of a mission critical on-premise system.
Your profile – your willingness to accelerate:
* You have a degree in computer science, similar technical field or equivalent practical experience and several years working experience with Linux based enterprise systems and you know how to identify and solve disruptions, how to guarantee smooth deployments and operating of the applications and how to keep a Java platform in a good shape with the latest security patches and updates.
* You have well-founded knowledge in the field of web servers, servlet containers, fat jars, load balancing, security, log management and infrastructure.
* DevOps is your main philosophy and you are looking forward to spreading this credo among the team.
* Your background as versed engineer includes practical experience with multiple of following technologies: Maven/Nexus, GIT, Tomcat/Jetty, CI/CD techniques, Jenkins, SonarQube, TeamScale, Jmanage, Grafana, Docker, Puppet, Vagrant, Nomad, scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python).
* You speak English fluently and show a high level of commitment and team spirit.
Your perspectives – move your career to the fast lane:
We give you the chance to expand your technical skills and provide you with a modern work environment. We are open for your new ideas and promote your development! ! At Sixt we also offer you attractive employee leasing deals as well as discounts for your free time, traveling, shopping and much more.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Munich, Germany
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
This is possible only with the best of talent, who are aware of the fact that the client is our boss. Employees who are obsessed with making Sixt better every day, always questioning the status quo. Our employees are the initiators and executors of ideas – they get things done and take responsibility. Our employees never give up. They overcome barriers. They are the ones who drive our success and help us reach new dimensions.
Mobility is not just freedom – it’s Sixt.
No day is the same at Sixt. Our staff members never know which new, exciting challenges await them. We help you grow with tailored professional development so that you are equipped to master these challenges. Our employees can choose from a multitude of career possibilities – on a national or international basis, as a specialist or as a manager. We are happy to support exceptional career paths if that is what you are looking for.