Do you have a passion for Data?
Do you look through the science in data?
Sixt’s Data Science team helps our customers make better mobility decisions by transforming raw data into insights that power many of the products and features available on our website. We are looking for an extraordinary Data Scientist who’s passionate about machine learning and model building to join us. Our team develops mathematical models to solve complex business problems, and our work is critical to many areas including search, sort, bidding, geography, and revenue management. As a member of our group, you will collaborate with other talented scientists to move the business forward using novel approaches and rich sources of data. If you’re seeking an opportunity to apply your love of problem solving to real-world problems in a stimulating and data-rich environment, we’d like to talk to you.
The primary focus of this position is to design, prototype, and analyse models that support efforts in search and geography at Sixt. Your work will improve the experience of millions of our customers and have a direct impact on our business results.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* You will be creating experiments based on exploratory analysis with our data in order to extract knowledge.
* You will analyse data in order to confirm or disprove hypotheses by the product owners.
* You will be building statistical and machine learning models for prediction and segmentation and be responsible for designing and visualising metrics, constantly looking beyond the numbers.
* You will be monitoring key product metrics and analysing the reasons they change. Subsequently you will be proposing features and improvements for the business based on the insights you extract from data.
* You will be presenting results of your work on both detailed technical and business level and assist other data scientists on designing the right data models.
* As a developer and a passionate big data geek, you have at least 3 years of practical experience in datascience. You have already deployed one or more models to production and you know how to maintain model-based processes.
* You have a strong background in statistics and machine learning (or related fields as e.g. information retrieval, natural language processing, computer vision, analytics, re-inforcement learning, etc.) and a good knowledge of Python or at least of programming languages such as R, Java, or Scala.
* You have experience working with large amounts of real data using SQL or NoSQL.
* You are the one who loves machine learning or NLP or Data mining, you quickly adapt to the domain and understand the data beneath. With the passion for numbers and figures you are able to solve your problems using data.
* With your good communication skills you are able to communicate and visualise your findings.
Why Choose Sixt?
We give you the chance to expand your technical skills! We provide you with a modern work environment in Munich! We offer you to work in a highly professional and international team! We offer you a competitive salary!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Bengaluru, India
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
We are Sixt. We are a family business. A family business with more than 6,000 family members in more than 105 countries. We are not like the others. And that is why we do not operate like other companies. We have our own rules: we are obsessed with the desire to improve every day. We love our work and our customers. We want to generate excitement. Satisfaction alone is not enough! We scrutinise everything and push to get the best possible product. We start things with the will to get them done – and we do. We reward performance and never give up even if we may fail at times. Last but not least, we always remain Sixt. With our drive, our grit and our dedication. Now and in the future. Become a part of Sixt.
No day is the same at Sixt. Our staff members never know which new, exciting challenges await them. We help you grow with tailored professional development so that you are equipped to master these challenges. Our employees can choose from a multitude of career possibilities – on a national or international basis, as a specialist or as a manager. We are happy to support exceptional career paths if that is what you are looking for.