What does it mean to work with us? SUCCESS: Sixt is an IT company with a very large car pool. We are one of world's leading mobility providers with more than 100 years of experience, handling more than 2 bn EUR per year. Our inhouse development team, based in Munich/Germany, is the driving force behind the Sixt software which enables and optimizes the daily work of more than 6,000 employees in over 100 countries. We shape the future of mobility through innovation by using modern technologies! SPEED: Flat hierarchies and short decision paths enable us to be extremely dynamic and always one step ahead. OWNERSHIP: We ask you to take over responsibility & you´d be given a wide range of space to share & implement innovative ideas. TEAM SPIRIT & INTERNATIONALITY: We are an international team that wants to learn from each other. Participate in the daily business context, join our regular team events and enjoy IT talks, common conferences and spontaneous beergarden get-togethers.
Do what you love:
* You take responsibility for the supervision of a high-availability server and storage infrastructure.
* You ensure the trouble-free operation of all infrastructure components.
* You analyse and eliminate problems of different severity and complexity, assist our 2nd level support regarding infrastructure subjects and act as a contact for our service providers as well as our internal departments.
* You work on planning, management and continuous improvement of the Sixt datacenters and drive the automation of the system landscape forward.
* You’re in charge of continuously maintaining the internal IT operations and incident documentation. ITIL IT Service Management, Implementation of CMDB, Incident Management, Change Requests, Upgrades and System Fixes are not foreign words for you.
Come as you are:
* You have a deep knowledge of managing operating systems (Linux and Windows) and virtualized environments, a good knowledge with system automation and do not shy away from dealing directly with physical hardware.
* You have basic skills in IP-based storage protocols (NFS / CIFS).
* You have professional experiences in the planning and operation of datacenters and are willing to work in a department offering 24x7 on-call services.
* Your personality stands for vision, readiness of mind and structured thinking.
* You speak good German, fluent English and you see the big picture. Contributing your knowledge and experiences to various projects is natural for you.
In addition to the obligatory kicker, ping-pong table, driving simulators and project rooms, you will find coffee corners to try out and discuss constructive ideas. Our offices have different sizes, you will definitely find something according to your preferences. We follow no dresscode. As a member of the Sixt-Family you get attractive car rental and leasing offers as well as access to our large employee benefit portal where you find attractive offers for travelling, shopping and more. During breakfast, lunch and dinner our high-quality restaurant offers daily changing meat, fish and vegetarian dishes, as well as a salad bar and freshly-baked pizza. Our coffee lounge for meeting and relaxing is opened the whole day. Come as you are, and do what you love: Join our Online Department now!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Munich, Germany
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
This is possible only with the best of talents, who are aware of the fact that the customer is our boss. Employees who are obsessed with making Sixt better every day, always questioning the status quo. Our employees are the initiators and executors of ideas – they get things done and take responsibility. Our employees never give up. They overcome barriers. They are the ones who drive our success and help us reach new dimensions.
Mobility is not just freedom – it’s Sixt.
No day is the same at Sixt. Our staff members never know which new, exciting challenges await them. We help you grow with tailored professional development so that you are equipped to master these challenges. Our employees can choose from a multitude of career possibilities – on a national or international basis, as a specialist or as a manager. We are happy to support exceptional career paths if that is what you are looking for.