Purchasing Manager - Sofitel London St James
The Purchasing Manager is a member of the Food and Beverage Department and is responsible for maintaining an adequate stock supply, preventing running out of items between deliveries, balancing the purchasing stock investment level and ensuring a continual flow of products.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Perform stock take and inventories as well as end of month reports
- Check and analyse reports that have been compiled in connection with turnover, average cover price, ratios, cost of food, cost of beverage, business forecasts
- Implementation and follow through of all back of house control methods as per Accor Focus Audit.
- Obtain the lowest possible purchasing cost maintaining the agreed quality standards.
- Monitoring F&B cost control processes ensuring they are carried forward.
- Maintain the company’s competitive position. The objective is to get the same, or a better deal from a supplier than any other comparable hospitality enterprise.
- Raise all purchase orders in line with business forecasts and reconcile invoices regularly
- Understand financial issues and prioritise purchasing needs in accordance to budget levels
- Monitor beverage requisition are issued against their sales report
- Responsible for Back of House Department and ensuring consistent high standards
- Manage, train and develop the Back of House team
- Manage the working relationship and sets expectations with current back of house contractor.
Your experience and skills include
- Previous purchasing or procurement experience (managerial level) required; preferably in a hotel or high volume food & beverage establishment.
- A passion for delivering exceptional service
- Highly responsible & reliable
Your team and working environment:
You will be working within a fast paced environment with a team of dedicated individuals putting the satisfaction and safety of our guests at the heart of all we do
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Sofitel London St James
Sofitel London St James is a Grade II-listed five-star hotel in a prime West End location. Traditional British design mixes with modern French elegance across the 183 bedrooms that come suitably well equipped for business and leisure guests alike. The hotel features a stylish restaurant, The Balcon, with a private dining room for up to 20 guests, the St James Bar and a cosy Rose Lounge ideal for afternoon tea. With 12 versatile function spaces and an award-winning luxury spa, Sofitel London St James is the perfect destination in the heart of London.