Wedding & Event Sales Executive
Join us as a Wedding & Event Sales Executive and become a valued team member of Sofitel London St James. If you are passionate about exceptional guest experience in a luxury environment, this is the ideal opportunity. The Wedding & Events Sales Executive is beyond a sales person, they are a profiler; responsible as the sole contact for the pre-planning stage and complete organisation of events.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Responsible for the organisation of all incoming requests for events (with a focus on social events within the event floor and for the hotel outlets), the maximisation of yield and occupancy to ensure maximum profitability.
Solicit and manage existing accounts; develop and seek new business from local Small and Medium St James’s businesses; grow revenue for social events and special enquiries in the outlets.
- Provide Groups & Events Sales Manager with ongoing market intelligence detailing competitor activity (reader board, minimum spends, room rental, social & wedding packages) and rate offerings within Spa and Private dining.
- Analyse the new local trends and local businesses to identify opportunities and generate new business for the hotel and Event floor.
- Prepare an annual, weekly & monthly call plan for all accounts allocating the appropriate level of activity by account.
- Prepare a monthly update on wedding/social and Christmas production and conversion
- Lead monthly wedding and social action meeting and assist with collateral design as required
- Prepare monthly and weekly sales activity report for the Groups & Events Sales Manager to review account production.
- Enter all enquiries and follow up activities in Delphi
- Issue contracts, including pro-forma invoice, deposit and cancellation conditions and enter follow up date in Opera-Delphi
- To provide general administration for the events from menus to place cards, signage, seating plan etc…
- Ensure all functions sheets are completed by each Wednesday and issued to all relevant departments
- To issue Daily billing report, follow up with final invoices within 2 working days
- Develop awareness and business for the outlets (including the Private Dining Room), The Rose Lounge and the spa through reader board, action plan targeting local companies/ PA, PR agencies for product launches, local theatres, weddings, anniversary celebrations, birthdays, Christmas and themed group parties
- Seek new social and wedding business accounts – 1 new account per month
- Organise Wedding open day and festive showcase
- Organise and host hotel site visits for current and prospective accounts
- Develop social event business through action plan with wedding planners, referrals, dinners/ lunches, animation of social MICE agencies, photoshoot, local businesses and PA
- Create content
- Participate in developing promotions and collateral to assist with selling the properties
Training and Manpower Development
- Attends meetings and training required by management.
- Assist with the training of any new starters in the department and the hotel as requested.
- Use of initiative, persistence, and determination to secure the business.
Guest service responsibilities:
- Work closely with other departments of VIP arrivals and assist in providing accommodation and special requests.
- Developing and maintaining a positive and professional relationship with the client, and use current departmental guidelines.
- To achieve the required guest satisfaction levels via pre set departmental SOPs.
- To have executed all sales & marketing activities -covering direct mail / telephone sales calls / client direct face to face appointments
- To participate in trade shows & exhibitions /Sales Mission in the UK and make presentations when requested.
- Grow the hotels account portfolio inline with agreed room rate/revenue objectives
Your experience and skills include:
- Service focused personality is essential
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for sales
- Knowledge of Delphi or similar system
Your team and working environment:
- You will be working within a fast paced environment with a team of dedicated individuals putting the satisfaction and safety of our guests at the heart of all we do
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Sofitel London St James
Sofitel London St James is a Grade II-listed five-star hotel in a prime West End location. Traditional British design mixes with modern French elegance across the 183 bedrooms that come suitably well equipped for business and leisure guests alike. The hotel features a stylish restaurant, The Balcon, with a private dining room for up to 20 guests, the St James Bar and a cosy Rose Lounge ideal for afternoon tea. With 12 versatile function spaces and an award-winning luxury spa, Sofitel London St James is the perfect destination in the heart of London.