Who We Are…
We are a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally. Soho House is a space for its diverse membership and teams to connect, grow, have fun and make an impact.
Opportunities for all…
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.
The Assistant Financial Controller for Soho House is responsible for transactional finance including, journal entries, intercompany postings, management reporting, sales trending analysis and balance sheet reconciliations. There will also be opportunities to assist in the preparation and presentation of budgets forecasts and operational business planning. The role reports into the Soho House Financial Controller.
- Preparing weekly and monthly management accounts in accordance with applicable accounting standards and policies
- Making GL entries on a weekly basis to process transactions of the business
- Leading the accounts payable and cashbook processes to ensure timely processing and issue resolution
- Lead the month-end close process
- Balance sheet reconciliations and resolution on a monthly basis
- Business partnering with the sites and management to review financial performance
- Assisting with the preparation of annual budgets and regular forecasts
- Helping to manage the external audit process
- Other ad hoc roles and projects as required
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with good intuition
- Helping to identify and implement financial process improvements
When you join you will receive a load of amazing benefits, including:
- Free meals whilst on shift
- Discount on all Cowshed products
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Our Cookhouse & House Tonic programmes offer unique food and drink trainings, events and opportunities to inspire and educate.
- We’ll support you with the tools and training you need to develop yourself personally and professionally
- Exclusive access to our benefits platform with hundreds of discounts on shopping, gym memberships, holidays, insurance and much more