Soho House is a collection of private members' clubs and restaurants spread throughout Europe, the UK and America. Each house and restaurant maintains its own personality and atmosphere but the ethos has remained the same; serving fantastic cocktails and simple but delicious food in a comfortable and relaxed environment.
This position will be responsible for planning, organizing and leading the Kitchen Department according to Company policies as well as Local, State and Federal regulations. Supporting the management team as needed.
- Upholds Mystery Shopper guidelines and all Service Standards.
- Reports to work as scheduled, in uniform, well groomed, and ready to be in position.
- Manage staff in all aspects including, recruiting, training, schedules, payroll, staff complaints and disciplinary procedures.
- Assess staff performance, conduct appraisals, and strategize for improving staff performance.
- Maintain a positive attitude to guest requirements – Attentiveness to service, responding positively to guest’s needs, ensuring timely resolution.
- Maintains professional relationships with all coworkers and guests.
- Organize staff meetings, trainings and agendas monthly.
- Resolving staff issues/concerns, ensuring follow up.
- Properly communicating with other departments regarding daily activities/issues.
- Supporting staff with service when and where necessary.
- Monitoring staff schedule to accommodate business needs on a daily basis.
- Maintains a safe, clean, organized, and stocked work area.
- Ensure that the health and safety policy (I.e. IIPP, worker’s comp procedures, and allergy procedures) is adhered to at all times.
- Implement, monitor, adhere to, and enforce compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and standards and local, state, and federal law as applicable.
- Ensure Cookhouse program is vibrant and upheld.
- Prepare and maintain Kitchen budget.
- Ensures the efficient operation of food production.
- Analyzes cost and quality of food production, knows to manage within a set budget and adheres to time management.
- Train safe work habits and alert the staff to notify the chef on duty of any dangerous or unsafe places in the work area at once.
- Responsible to implement and maintain all standards set by the Company; establishes the manner and means to train staff according to standard.
- Produces and maintains the highest food quality and controls for all food products served in all areas.
- Assures the highest health, sanitation and safety standards necessary in food handling and overall cleanliness.
- Guarantees that menus, recipes, methods, pictures and specifications are followed.
- Checks all food outlets and food displays for creativity, quality, cleanliness and food safety.
- Assures timely set up, schedules well trained cooks in all areas in proper uniform.
- Ensure teamwork and proper communication with the front of house staff.
- Ensure that guest and members requests are accommodated when and where possible.
- Develop staff for future advancement.
- Works with Events department on a regular basis regarding menus, food preparation, food costs, ensure that quality food service and product is delivered.
- Delegate daily tasks to staff to ensure smooth operation and service.
- Responsible for proper storing procedures, food orders, food cost, equipment, sanitation and hygiene to Company and Local, State and Federal standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience in a related position.
- Food Serve Safe certification.
- Strong knowledge of CA sanitation regulations.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
- Proven track record of good work history and stability.
- Excellent cooking skills.
- Experienced in training subordinates in large quantity food preparation and excellent knowledge of quality food operations.
- Has the ability to taste all foods to assure correct preparation.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 10 hours
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift of up to 50 pounds on occasion and 35 pounds regularly
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required
Note: This job description is not intended to be a contract for employment, and the employer reserves the right to make any necessary revisions to the job description at any time.