With waterfront views of the Manhattan skyline, Cecconi’s Dumbo features a large European-style bar leading into a main dining room and separate room available for private hire. Outside patio seating is also available.
This position will be responsible for supporting the Executive Chef and planning, organizing and leading the kitchen department. As an Executive Sous Chef you will be responsible for training safe work habits, participating in analyzing cost and quality food production as well as setting budgets. In addition, the Executive Sous supports daily volumes that can exceed 1500 covers as well as 40 + events, while maintaining global consistencies throughout the mean and seasonal implementations.
- Ensures the efficient operation of food production of areas he/she is put in charge of by the Executive Chef
- Participates in analyzing cost and quality of food production, knows to manage within a set budget and adheres to time management
- Train safe work habits and alert the staff to notify the chef on duty of any dangerous or unsafe places in the work area at once
- Responsible to implement and maintain all standards set by the Company; establishes the manner and means to train staff according to standard
- Produces and maintains the highest food quality and controls for all food products served in all areas
- Is instrumental in assuring the highest health, sanitation and safety standards necessary in food handling and overall cleanliness
- Guarantees that menus, recipes, methods, pictures and specifications given by the Executive Chef are followed
- Checks all food outlets and food displays for creativity, quality, cleanliness and food safety
- Assures timely set up, schedules well trained cooks in all areas in proper uniform
- Ensure teamwork and proper communication with the front of house staff
- Ensure that guest and members requests are accommodated when and where possible
- Works with Events department on a regular basis regarding menus, food preparation, food costs, ensure that quality food service and product is delivered
- Delegate daily tasks to staff to ensure smooth operation and service
- Shares the overall responsibility of proper storing procedures, food orders, food cost, equipment, sanitation and hygiene to Company and NYS standards with the Executive Chef
- Ability to do staff schedule, payroll, and other administrative tasks as required
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor/managerChef
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether youâ€™re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career internationally.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.