Soho House is a collection of private members' clubs and restaurants spread throughout Europe, the UK and America. Each house and restaurant maintains its own personality and atmosphere but the ethos has remained the same; serving fantastic cocktails and simple but delicious food in a comfortable and relaxed environment.
This position will be responsible for ensuring that the total operation of the site, it’s staff and members, are maintained on a daily basis and that the needs of the owner, employees, members and guests are met and/or exceeded. Supporting management as needed.
- Upholds Mystery Shopper guidelines and all Service Standards.
- Reports to work as scheduled, in uniform, well groomed, and ready to be in position.
- Manage staff in all aspects including, recruiting, training, schedules, payroll, staff complaints and disciplinary procedures.
- Assess staff performance, conduct appraisals, and strategize for improving staff performance.
- Maintains professional relationships with all coworkers and guests.
- Maintain a positive attitude to guest requirements – Attentiveness to service, responding positively to guest’s needs, ensuring timely resolution.
- Resolving staff issues/concerns, ensuring follow up.
- Properly communicating with other departments regarding daily activities/issues.
- Supporting staff with service when and where necessary.
- Monitoring staff schedule to accommodate business needs on a daily basis.
- Maintains a safe, clean, organized, and stocked work area.
- Ensure that the health and safety policy (I.e. IIPP, worker’s comp procedures, and allergy procedures) is adhered to at all times.
- Implement, monitor, adhere to, and enforce compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and standards and local, state, and federal law as applicable.
- Meet and/or exceed financial obligations and profitability through overseeing and actively participating in sales, labor productivity, cost control, and effective purchasing including anticipating revenue/cost problems and managing the timing of discretionary expenditures.
- Implement, monitor, adhere to, and enforce compliance with all company policies, procedures, and standards and local, state, and federal law as well as all franchise mandated policies, procedures, and standards, as applicable.
- Lead, participate in, and manage the process of accurately developing, coordinating, revising within the planning procedures established by the Corporate Office, including the Annual Budget, Annual Marketing Plan, Annual Capital Expenditure Plan, and Forecasts/Re-forecasts.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with management team to include relaying pertinent information to subordinates, communicating expectations and appreciation, share "big picture," and communicating Departmental, Site, and Company goals and objectives.
- Promote cooperation and teamwork while supporting company philosophy and policies.
- Provide a professional image at all times. Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics. Be attentive and genuine with staff.
- Take immediate actions to resolve problems that are encountered on property, ensure Department Heads take immediate actions to resolve problems.
- Lead monthly Department Head meetings; ensure Department Heads are conducting monthly department meetings with their team.
- Act as liaison between site and Corporate Office.
- Assist Department Heads with the development and implementation of specialized incentive/recognition programs for line level employees. Develop, support and administer an effective employee relations program to include employee coaching & counseling process, employee recognition programs, ensure a positive and supportive work environment; Act as a liaison between staff and management as needed.
- Physically tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis monitoring property condition, cleanliness, and quality of product and service throughout the property. Greet and maintain rapport with employees and guests.
- Oversee and approve staffing levels/scheduling within budgetary guidelines and in accordance with operational needs.
- Provide disciplinary action when, and if necessary.
- Ensure all employees have the tools they need to perform their jobs.
- Supervise/counsel departmental managers in the effective and efficient operation of their respective area(s). Meet with, develop, and delegate improvement plans for operation.
- Develop staff to include mentoring/empowering staff and identifying growth potential and setting objectives to achieve next level position.
- Fulfill Duty Manager responsibilities.
- Maintain an Open Door Policy for line staff and management.
- Ensure that all Department Heads are completing all job responsibilities as required and to company standard.
- Participate in the interviewing process for management candidates and non-management candidates as needed.
- Understand, maintain, and enforce fire prevention and emergency procedures to ensure the safety of all staff and guests.
- Monitor service trends by engaging with Hotel and Club guests, reviewing guest comment cards and emails; make changes as necessary.
- Understand roles and responsibilities of department heads to ensure accuracy and quality of work, able to step in if and when necessary.
- Participate in development of department requests and budgets for CapEx; approve CapEx projects prior to commencement.
- Participate in neighborhood organizations, government, charities to promote community awareness and acceptability of the company.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- Must have 5+ years related experience in food & beverage operations with a proven track record of leading a professional, efficient, high quality, service-oriented operation.
- A four-year Degree in Hospitality and/or Restaurant Management preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of hospitality operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, human resources and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, rehabilitation plans, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, laws and regulations, and the development of long-range planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, delegate, and control.
- Ability to read, writes, speak, and understand the English language to communicate with management and staff - being persuasive, clear, and to the point. Written communication skills to be concise, well-organized, complete, clear, and understandable in order to formulate complex reports and communicate with the public, staff, corporate office, and owner.
- Ability to motivate and inspire staff.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to travel to various sites on and off Hotel and Club property and continuously performs essential job functions.
- Flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to create strong relationships with guests, members, and staff.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet as well as stationary for at least 10 hours daily.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 30 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb is required.
Note: This job description is not intended to be a contract for employment, and the employer reserves the right to make any necessary revisions to the job description at any time.
- Job type
- West Hollywood, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract