Who We Are…
Soho House is a collection of private members' clubs and restaurants spread throughout Europe, the UK and America. Each house and restaurant maintains its own personality and atmosphere but the ethos has remained the same; serving fantastic cocktails and simple but delicious food in a comfortable and relaxed environment.
Housed in a 1907 warehouse in the fashionable Randolph Market area, the six-storey building was originally the manufacturing centre of the Chicago Belting Factory and includes many original features such as ornamented entrance lobby and exposed concrete. The House includes 40 bedrooms, a full sized pool, screening room, gym and a glass enclosed rooftop bar & kitchen.
The Lead Bartender position is to help the Bar Manager(s) coordinate, support and motivate the bar team for the overall success of the Soho House Chicago beverage program. Head Bartender must demonstrate great leadership and bar skill but also the unique combination of work ethic, ethos, dedication, creativity, determination and desire.
- Maintain the following programs: house-made syrups, fresh juices, batching, barrel aged cocktails, bespoke coffee, hot beverages and any specialty cocktails
- Oversee the appearance and timeliness of the cocktails, coffees, juices, & wine levels that are sent out to the floor from the service well
- The overall cleanliness of the bar including: underneath bar top, the sink basins, speed rails, storage areas, floors and drains below the wells, back bar bottles, glassware shelves, all metal surfaces on low boys, and espresso machine, etc…
- Bar team side work sheets – keep side work sheets current, cocktail recipes, and specialty ingredients
- Soho House ethos & standards and the philosophy of House Tonic program
- Bar is always set-up to Chicago Health Department standards
- Opening/Closing bar duties to Soho House standards
- Assist and participate in the development of seasonal changes to the Soho House Chicago beverage program, including new product tasting with suppliers
- Recognizes our members and suppliers and ensures they receive our best level of service at all times
- Maintain, participate and assist in further development of the beverage training program for all staff
- 2+ years’ experience in Chicago.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Flexible schedule.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Tips certified.
- Micros a plus.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 40 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.