Responsible for the smooth, efficient, cost effective operation of the Housekeeping Department including labor management, inventory control, and the development and maintenance of a positive and supportive work environment and inter/intra departmental relationships. Supporting the management team as needed.
- Manage the daily activities of the Housekeeping department to include appropriate cleaning of all offices, bedrooms, seating areas, washrooms, restaurants, suites, and all public spaces
- Planning, organizing and directing team members to ensure the highest degree of guest
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of all staff to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the housekeeping department and Soho House
- Lead, develop, motivate and empower employees to deliver operational best practices, identifying opportunities and asking recommendations for improving efficiency and quality of service and operating standards
- Conduct training and offer direction to team to ensure quality standards & service levels are delivered consistently
- Establishes and maintains accurate inventory records. Participates in periodic linen, uniform and supplies inventories. Recommends appropriate actions passed on results of inventory. Assures that equipment is properly maintained and meets health and safety requirements
- Report, order and replace damaged items or inventory that is not sufficient
- Conducts, captures and tracks daily room and public area inspections
- Recruit, schedule and train all new housekeeping staff members
- Assure the proper handling of VIPs. Protect their privacy and confidentiality
- Expert in Housekeeping and excellent knowledge of all departments internally.
- Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and well-being of employees, hotel guests and property. Responds swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency of safety situations.
- To be fully accountable for the people, product and profit within the hotel.
- To deliver excellence in customer service as well as exploiting opportunities for growth within the business.
- To ensure the company culture is visible in all aspects of the business.
- Ensure that company reporting systems are adhered to.
- Complies with all hotel policies, standards and local laws.
- Establish and maintains relationships with outside vendors and ensures everything is to company standards
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career internationally.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.
- Health Care: Fill time employee's are offered; Medical, Dental & Vision
- Retirement: 401K with a company match of 2%