IT/AV Agent – Soho House Chicago
Who We Are…
Soho House is a collection of private members' clubs and restaurants spread throughout Europe, the UK and America. Each house and restaurant maintains its own personality and atmosphere but the ethos has remained the same; serving fantastic cocktails and simple but delicious food in a comfortable and relaxed environment.
Housed in a 1907 warehouse in the fashionable Randolph Market area, the six-storey building was originally the manufacturing centre of the Chicago Belting Factory and includes many original features such as ornamented entrance lobby and exposed concrete. The House includes 40 bedrooms, a full sized pool, screening room, gym and a glass enclosed rooftop bar & kitchen. Additionally, it is the home of the first US outpost of Pizza East and Chicken Shop, exciting restaurant concepts developed by Soho House in London.
This position will be responsible for assisting the AV/IT Agent in the daily coordination of all AV and IT needs of Soho House Chicago and the Cinema. To help ensure that the technical aspects are working as required for Member Events and Private Hire Events and coordinate resolution when they are not. Supporting the management team as needed.
- Assist members, guests, and clients with IT issues/needs and coordinate resolution.
- Ensure quality service throughout the site.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure basic knowledge and troubleshooting.
- Coordinate maintenance and repair of in house equipment as needed.
- Responsible to make independent decisions on issues relating to department as needed and in the absence of the Club Manager. Properly communicating needs/issues/solutions to Manager.
- Coordinate all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- Maintain safety standards and identify safety needs and hazards of the department.
- Maintain open and clear communication.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Operate Cinema in all film and digital video formats.
- To coordinate with clients regarding technical needs and assist in presentation set ups within the Cinema and areas of the Club, including coordinating equipment from outside vendors.
- To assist with the coordination for the receipt, presentation, preparation, repair and dispatch of films.
- Assist with the operation, cleaning and maintenance of projection equipment, diagnose and solve problems, coordinating with Service Engineers and Contractors as appropriate.
- Up keeping Cinema interior to ensure that it is clean and up to standard and health codes at all times.
Private Hire and Members Events Duties
- To assist the coordination with clients regarding technical needs and assist in presentation set ups and ensure all equipment specifications are as per clients’ request within the means of Soho House Chicago capabilities.
- To organize and ensure smooth operation of print movement for Soho House Chicago.
- 2+ years related experience.(HOTEL experience a PLUS)
- Familiar with Digital Projection Equipment. Christie 35MM Projector, HD & Betacam. Dolby Audio Processors.
- Must be able to work under pressure and trouble shoot problems quickly.
- Must understand electronic, repair, and installation of AV equipment and the House set up.
- Flexible schedule.
- Experience with AV lighting and sound.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 40 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
- Job type
- Chicago, IL, United States
- Customer Service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract