Who We Are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada and Europe, with new openings planned for all global regions, with the addition of Asia in 2019.
At Soho House culture is everything and we believe that our Houses are only as good as the people who work within them. Whether it’s a private members’ club, hotel, restaurant, spa or gym each of our sites has its own style and atmosphere. We aim to make sure that all our guests and members have a great time and we firmly believe it’s our people who make that happen.
See for yourself CLICK the links BELOW to WATCH …
HOW WE WORK ** HOW WE HAVE FUN ** and ** WHY WE STAY
Converted warehouse in Manhattan’s Meatpacking District, 44 bedrooms of varying sizes, Drawing Room, Club Bar, Library, Pantry Bar, Restaurant, Screening Room, Rooftop with Swimming Pool, 44-seat Screening Room and Cowshed spa
Our Culinary Management team are leaders curating experiences through food while overseeing kitchen department. The team prides themselves in collaborating with local farms and producers. Food first and focused on delivering seasonally influenced and innovative dishes in fast paced environment without scarifying quality results. Our team of passionate chefs develop their teams to grow and deliver consistency in fast-paced and demanding environments.
At Soho House a Pastry Lead collaborates with the Executive Chef, General Manager and National Executive Pastry Chef to oversee production and service of pastry items and baked goods. Responsible for ordering, team management and COGS. A Pastry Lead is highly skilled in production and a-la-carte, prep-to-dish experiences by executing high quality treats, savory items for breakfast and feast, tastes and recipes.
A successful Pastry Lead is business savvy, creative but content with managing consistency and global standards as well as managing a team of Pastry Cooks in high-volume, fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Influential leader and operational with proven experience that maintains an effective and efficient Pastry Program.
- Maintain consistency in approved recipes and communicate efficiently with the Executive Chef
- Oversee Pastry team including but not limited to recruitment, on-boarding, and training. As well as staff performance, conducting appraisals and strategize with leadership to assess staff performance and development while maintaining professional relationships
- Adhere to health and safety policy (I.e. IIPP, worker’s comp procedures, and allergy procedures) is always followed as well as implement, monitor and enforce compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and standards and local, state, and federal law as applicable
- Delegate tasks to team and complete daily check lists that support anticipated business levels, production, a-la-carte orders, special request, events, dietary restrictions and ensure team follows proper allergy procedure
- Responsible for educating and training staff on safe work habits and proper process as well as procedure if encountered with a dangerous or unsafe situation
- Create, implement and enforce process to run an effective and efficient kitchen while maintaining the highest-level of standards, food quality, COGS and minimized margins to increase profits without sacrificing taste or member / guest experience
- Create seasonal offerings, maintain recipes, pictures and specifications are followed as well as update signage and displays for dates, food displays for quality, cleanliness and food safety
- Ensure teamwork and synergy exists between the front and back of house staff through proper communication and delegate tasks and staff tasks to ensure smooth service and kitchen operations
- Collaborate with Marketing/Events department on menu creation, food preparation, food costs, quality food service and product are delivered.
- Shares the overall responsibility of proper storing procedures, food orders, food cost, equipment, sanitation and hygiene to Company and local standards
- Report and follow up of any maintenance issues, ensure all the kitchen equipment is working and good condition
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.