Who We Are…
The Soho House Group is a collection of private members' clubs and restaurants, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA and Europe. In addition, the Group is developing with new openings planned globally.
Soho Beach House is a private members club, hotel and spa located on the historic site of the Sovereign Hotel. The site has been redesigned and expanded to include a 16-story oceanfront tower.
Overlooking the ocean, the House includes 50 bedrooms, a private beach, an expansive Cowshed Spa and gym. There are two pools, indoor and outdoor dining, secluded gardens, a screening room and Cecconi’s open to the public.
A line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen.
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Supervises kitchen staff along side Sous Chef and Kitchen Management.
- Prepares all food items ads directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
- Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager at any time.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Previous prep or line cook experience.
- English language and professional communications skills are required.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
- The individual must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
- Must be able speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.