Who We Are…
We are a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally. Soho House is a space for its diverse membership and teams to connect, grow, have fun and make an impact.
Opportunities for all…
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.
At Soho House, the Member Events Manager is responsible for creating special moments and continuing the “magic” within our Houses and physical locations. They will be programming, planning and executing innovative events for a Soho House region, using Soho House’s guiding principle of curating creative events for a community. Soho House events are designed to inspire members and connect the community. The Member Events Manager will be responsible for curating and producing regular memorable member events, all to the highest creative standards. The programming and its success can be measured by retaining and gaining new members.
A successful Member Events Manager is an organised storyteller with their finger on the pulse with for cultural trends as well as talent and brings fresh ideas to the table that continues to engage members, guests and staff.
The Member Events Manager will report into the Head of Membership & Communications for that House or Region.
Your responsibilities are...
- Lead member events and House programming to connect the creative membership community through local story telling achieved by creating diverse and innovative experiences that result in positive feedback
- Conceive unconventional and memorable member events (eg. booking talent for a unique event, an artist residency or building a bowling alley)
- Propose trends, technology and leading innovations for new event formats (including digital) and collaborate with the team on themes and installations for big events, like Halloween and New Years Eve
- Inspire members, talent and all Soho House teams when meeting to create and implement events
- Work across all cross functional teams: Operations, design, content, creative, digital, events, partnerships to deliver on all strategic objectives
- Facilitate events by connecting members to other members and allow opportunities for events to be hosted by members
- Build and create a robust database of bands, name talent and trends so that the House calendar is capturing the current cultural zeitgeist
- Ensure innovative events & programming are united around our global monthly themes
- Create systems to track the booking and forward planning of events so that deadlines and budgets are always met and work closely with the General Managers to ensure events deliver on business goals
- Content curation that tells a story and connects members digitally or in-person
- Adhere to health and safety policy (I.e. IIPP, worker’s comp procedures, and allergy procedures) and implement, monitor and enforce compliance with all Company policies, procedures and standards and local, state and federal law as applicable
- Program to drive late night attendance of members in our Houses
- Attend Heads of Departments meetings on a regular basis
- Have regular presence on the floor and work alongside Membership Managers to answer any and all member needs or inquiries
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to grow your career.