At Soho House the People and Development (HR Director) will be a strategic business partner as well as report to the General Manager of the property(s) responsible for. The P&D Manager will be primarily responsible for the daily maintenance of company policies, procedures, and practices including recruiting, benefits and employee relations. Such deliverables include but are not limited to ensuring legal compliance; overseeing all aspects of wage, benefit, worker’s compensation, unemployment, training programs, implementation and administration of policies and procedures, and all employee relations such as team events, parties, morale maintenance as well as coaching, counseling, progressive discipline, and terminations.
- Strategic business partner to local leadership, helping to manage all training and development for staff of 200+ employees.
- Partner with the Chief People and Development Officer on process improvements for Soho House & Co. growth.
- Prepare and maintain People & Development budget, as well as develop an appropriate Learning and Development budget for the House each annual year.
- Participate in Unemployment, EEO, Wage and Hour, Worker’s Compensation, OSHA, ADA, Immigration and Naturalization Service hearings.
- Communicate and implement policies and programs to guarantee compliance to all employees.
- Instruct, train and ensure management staff knows how to interpret and comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and monitor recruitment, screening, background and reference checking of all Soho House personnel
- Recruit, interview and recommend exempt and non-exempt personnel; Conduct FLSA reviews to determine employee status.
- Maintain employee benefit programs and employee engagement initiatives.
- Set-up, approve, and maintain all wage and salary programs, including performance evaluations and annual increases.
- Recommend and/or approve all employee transitions such as hire, transfer, promotions, etc
- Implement, participate, and monitor induction and orientation programs and develop managers/supervisors for future advancement.
- Establish and maintain safety incentive programs as well as ensure compliance with all HR related Loss Prevention SOPs.
- Monitor and analyze turnover reports and use data metrics to understand trends with hiring.
- Maintain Employee of the Month/Year Program, and all other employee relations programs.
- Practice positive employee relations, including maintaining a positive morale and a genuine, upbeat work environment
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employee's are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match.
- Paid Time Off : Full- Time Employees have sick days + vacation days.
- Career Development : Soho House can progress your career internationally.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic : Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.