Who we are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada and Europe, with new openings planned for all global regions, with the addition of Asia in 2019.
At Soho House culture is everything and we believe that our Houses are only as good as the people who work within them. Whether it’s a private members’ club, hotel, restaurant, spa or gym each of our sites has its own style and atmosphere. We aim to make sure that all our guests and members have a great time and we firmly believe it’s our people who make that happen.
Housed in a 1907 warehouse in the fashionable Randolph Market area, the six-story building was originally the manufacturing centre of the Chicago Belting Factory and includes many original features such as ornamented entrance lobby and exposed concrete. The House includes 40 bedrooms, a full sized pool, screening room, gym and a glass enclosed rooftop bar & kitchen.
From the Back of House to the Front of House our team is specialized in enhancing the member / guest / staff experience through IT and AV innovation. We are masters in audio and visual installation and tech-maintenance. Always tuned-in for all things cinema, supporting events and MICROS (POS) troubleshooting.
Soho House is looking for an organized, social event planning professional to fill the position of Private Events Manager! This position will be responsible for the day-to-day operational functions of the Events Department, both private and member, including but not limited to, staff relations, member relations, planning and executing private and member events, as well as generating event and private hire business and supporting the management team as needed. This role will suit someone capable of multitasking and planning stylish, memorable events in a luxury hospitality environment. We hope that you are knowledgeable in current event trends and have a creative vision that upholds the Soho House ethos of getting things done in style!
- Responsible for overseeing events staff
- Properly communicating with other departments regarding daily events/issues.
- Overseeing events staff schedule to accommodate event needs.
- Completion of payroll for event staff every Monday
- Ensuring pre-event information is complete prior to the event
- Trains and supervises all servers and bartenders of the event department.
- Ensures that all safety and sanitation standards are in compliance with local/state health department regulations.
- Ensures all legal requirements are adhered to (I.e. Wage and Hour/Breaks, Health and Safety, etc.).
- Supports and implements Soho House standards, all policies & procedures for the department.
- Working closely with the Membership, Marketing and Events Programming Managers on the operations of all member events.
- Available for management of Halloween and New Year’s Eve member events and for off-site or satellite events.
- Identify what bespoke collateral (both physical and digital) the business needs, as it evolves, to effectively sell events, spaces to corporate clients and the public.
- Keeps track of event inventory and oversees rental orders.
- Monitors micros needs for events.
- Proficient in sales manager’s and event programming manager’s day to day tasks and responsibilities. Will work office hours as needed and daily duties on EventPro.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Responsible for a smoothly run event and that post billing and invoicing processes and/or internal charges are handled correctly.
- Liaisons with chef, head of the events department and events programming manager for catering needs.
- Liaisons with head bar manager for beverage needs.
- Oversees tastings and client meetings for large events.
- Creates/designs floor plans, custom menus and run of shows in EventPro.
- Ability to attend events and other off-site functions
- To participate in regular departmental progress meetings
- To respond promptly to inquiries from clients and prospective members
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.
Other suggested jobs
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
Grupo Pulitzer Hoteles