Who We Are…
Soho House is a collection of private members' clubs and restaurants spread throughout Europe, the UK and America. Each house and restaurant maintains its own personality and atmosphere but the ethos has remained the same; serving fantastic cocktails and simple but delicious food in a comfortable and relaxed environment.
Housed in a 1907 warehouse in the fashionable Randolph Market area, the six-story building was originally the manufacturing centre of the Chicago Belting Factory and includes many original features such as ornamented entrance lobby and exposed concrete. The House includes 40 bedrooms, a full sized pool, screening room, gym and a glass enclosed rooftop bar & kitchen. Additionally, it is the home of the first US outpost of the Allis and Chicken Shop, exciting restaurant concepts developed by Soho House in London.
Responsible for maintaining a comfortable atmosphere, high level of service and to assist with all aspects of service during the shift and in preparation of it, to ensure the highest standards of quality in food and drink are served. Supporting the floor management team in overseeing the day-to-day operations.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Greets all guests with enthusiasm and friendliness
- Answers guest questions about food, beverages, and our facilities accurately and in a friendly manner
- Does side work during non-busy hours
- Speaks to guests with enthusiasm at all times
- Attend to members and guests during their entire dining/drinking experience
- Provides the highest level of service in accordance with our standards
- Identifies food orders when ready and delivers items to tables in a timely manner
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times
- Take an active role with the training and development of new & existing staff in accordance with Soho House Toronto standards
- Lead the FOH team with on the job training and providing guidance to ensure compliance with our service standards
- Ensure all staff are well-groomed and maintain Soho House’s uniform/grooming standards
- Build and maintaining a high level of customer service and staff morale through staff incentive program
- Assist in leading pre-shift to motivate the team into having a great shift
- Ensure that opening and closing checklist is completed
- Ensure that staff receive their required meal breaks
- Assist managers in providing a code for U27 discounts
- Create and maintaining product knowledge tests for FOH team
- Communicates with food and beverage staff to ensure guest satisfaction
- Reports to work as scheduled, in uniform, well groomed, and ready to be in position
- Maintains professional relationships with all co-workers
- Follows checklists and standard operating procedures
- Maintains a safe, clean, organized, and stocked work area
- Provide table maintenance and bussing
- Maintains full knowledge of menus, drinks, recipes, and other pertinent information
- Constantly increasing knowledge of food, beverages, and other products and services
- Ensures that guests have a positive and memorable experience at Soho House
- Responsible for constant sanitation, organization, and proper food handling
- Prepares work area for opening, mid-shift, or closing in accordance with company standards
- Responsible for keeping track of money from checks and proper cash handling
- Complete all check out reports at the end of each shift and have it double checked and signed by management
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager
- Soho House can progress your career internationally.
Learning & Development
- An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
Cookhouse & House Tonic
- Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.