Provides account management support for domestic and international wholesale and tour operator accounts that buy locally within the market and/or retail travel agencies focused on leisure business, located in top source markets that buy locally within the market. Partners with the Enterprise Sales Team (EST) Intermediary team to verify the pull through of intermediary "segment" strategies and tools in the market, as appropriate. Develops strategic relationships with key segment buyers with the purpose of penetrating and growing local market share and driving revenue to hotels within the organization.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management.
• Lodging sales experience.
• Account management experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Retains, expands and grows account revenue through account growth, margin management and implementation of sales and marketing initiatives in the key buying locations.
• Partners with the Enterprise Sales Team (EST) Intermediary team to verify the pull through of intermediary segment strategies and tools in the market.
• Leverages appropriate corporate (e.g., Intermediary Global Account Executives, Sales & Marketing Intermediary Partner Support, eCommerce, Marketing, etc.) and market resources (e.g., sales office, property leadership) to establish pull-through and sustainment of account strategies and selling solutions at the local property level.
• Achieves local account revenue and sales goals as defined by Market leadership. Develops and achieves operating budgets and manages controllable expenses.
• Leverages methodologies, technical and business knowledge across the market.
• Anticipates and identifies business opportunities and challenges and responds with a profitable strategy that aligns with overall business direction.
• Increases local penetration of high potential accounts to optimize demand across all brands and satisfy important property needs.
• Leverages all available sales channels (e.g., industry trade shows/events, EST Intermediary Sales, Global Sales Organization (GSO) Wholesale Sales Teams, Field Sales, etc.) in an effort to optimize sales revenues.
• Completes Marriott’s Wholesale Certification Program (Wholesale)
• Attends Marriott’s annual “” trade show/customer event for key wholesale accounts and hoteliers (Wholesale)
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Managing Wholesale Sales Acivities
• Implements the overall account strategy at local properties within the market.
• Focuses on opportunities from wholesalers and tour operators providing FIT and motorcoach and/or adhoc group international business, including Meetings Incentives Conferences Exhibitions (MICE) and Corporate inbound business.
• Works with revenue management to set sales strategy, run promotions, manage room allotments, set rates, and make adjustments based on market conditions.
• Works closely with each property to establish wholesale processes and procedures with operations staff (e.g. Front Desk, Reservations, Accounting, etc.) to establish pull-through of business at the property level.
• Creates annual FIT contracts with key wholesale/tour operator accounts, verifying the pull-through of contract terms and conditions at the property level.
• Engages with international Global Sales Organization (GSO) offices, General Sales Agents (GSA)s and Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVBs) in both destination and country of origin, as appropriate for country-specific deployment.
• Identifies new FIT and group opportunities with new accounts by attending industry trade shows and events.
Managing Leisure Sales Activities
• Focuses on leisure opportunities from retail travel agencies.
• Partners with Global Account Executives that manage Travel Management Company (TMC) & Consortia relationships (e.g. AmEx, Carlson, etc.) to pull through leisure business from local branches.
• Works with Regional Marketing teams on market-level and property-specific strategies and initiatives. Pulls-through existing national and regional promotions with travel agency customers.
• Partners with regional team to help implement the market’s leisure strategy at key buying locations. Verifies local market strategy is in alignment with the overall account goals.
• Gains expertise in resort amenities (e.g. Golf, Spa), ‘new package offerings’ and market promotions; promotes offerings with local buyers.
• Develops complete understanding of Marriott’s value proposition to the travel agency market and all associated programs and services (e.g. Hotel Excellence, Marriott’s Double Commission Guarantee, Global Distribution Systems (GDS) connectivity & associated marketing opportunities, etc.)
• Partners with Senior Account Executive (SAE), Travel Industry Wholesale to pull through business within launch market and sustain selling solutions at the property level.
• Understands competitive market set and economic environment in order to position hotels appropriately during sales process.
• Attends appropriate trade shows, travel agency shows, and retail agency events.
• Assists with business for other source markets on behalf of travel agency customers, as a value-added service.
• Focuses on leisure transient and group opportunities from retail travel agencies.
Building Successful Relationships
• Serves as account’s “local service guarantee” by verifying that outstanding service delivery is maintained at every customer touch point, issues are resolved timely and to the customers’ 100% satisfaction.
• Establishes strong partnerships between field and corporate by maintaining a productive dialogue and exchange of ideas.
• Acts as the customer advocate through understanding the account needs and opportunities. Identifies emerging business opportunities and risks in the market to determine strategic Sales and Marketing implications and provides feedback to key stakeholders (e.g.,, Enterprise Sales Team, Sales Office etc.); partners with key stakeholders in account planning and determining strategy execution approaches for the market.
• Manages relationships with the key buyers that drive business to the market to optimize account reach and share for the wholesale segment.
• Develops working relationships with Sales Office/Property staff and provides coaching on specific booking needs for motorcoach tour groups and ad hoc international groups to establish pull-through of opportunities of the wholesale segment.
• Develops and manages relationships with key buyers that drive business to the local market, optimize share and grow the leisure segment.
• Maintains relationships with key travel programs already established at the enterprise-level for the leisure segment.
• Develops a close working relationship with operations to execute strategies at the property level.
• Develops working relationships with Sales Office and provides coaching on specific booking needs of travel agency business.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible