Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at : email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, JL Hospitality Management, LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Responsibilities include day to day hotel operations, associate development, quality assurance, and active participation in all departments.
- Monitoring actual sales and revenues to determine variance and assess goal accomplishments
- Conduct quarterly reward and recognition meeting /celebrate hotel and associate achievements
- Adhere to Marriott brand standards and franchisee (JLHM) Standard Operating Procedures
- Creating an environment in which all associates have the ability to reach their full potential
- Oversight of all department functions (housekeeping, engineering, front desk, etc.)
- Tour and inspect property on a daily basis and monitor for property cleanliness, safety and security, product quality and exceptional service throughout
- Identify areas of concern and develop strategies to improve performance
- Facilitate creative solutions to overcome obstacles and insure continuous guest satisfaction results
- Active participation in budgeting and forecasting to maximize hotel revenue and profits
- Participate in revenue management calls, sales calls and owner meetings
- Understanding of all areas of hotel operations.
- Proficient with Fosse property management system and Marriott brand applications
- Superior customer relations and exceptional guest experience skills
- Strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
- Understanding of accounting and financials to include budgeting, forecasting, expense management etc.
- Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example work style
- Previous General Manager experience preferred
- Assistant General Manager or Rooms Division Manager experience at minimum required
- Familiar with common computer software programs
- Ability to influence and achieve results in the areas of profitability and REVPAR
- Demonstrated passion and sense of urgency in the achievement of results
- Willingness and ability to train and develop future leaders
- Highly motivated individual with strong leadership skills
- Proficient in the English language
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong customer service orientation and skills
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented
- Creative problem-solving skills
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Anchorage, AK, United States
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible