Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at http://tinyurl.com/yd3xjfcp
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, White Lodging Services Corp.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Director of Sales (DOS) is responsible and accountable for all Sales and Marketing for the hotel. The DOS oversee their team and direct them as to the needs of the department while focusing on building new business, proactive sales, marketing, revenue management and maximizing sales while making sure we are securing the right pieces of business for the hotel. The successful DOS is a team player who is a champion of the sales process, knows their market and market needs and builds a team that includes the Sales department and relationships with operations and the front desk. He/she will be responsible for but not limited to, driving each propertyâ€™s sales efforts, supervising sales managers, booking rooms, completing and submitting business plans, action plans, and other reports on a timely basis.
- Setting goals and action plans around proactive business and account maintenance.
- Developing a marketing plan and works with both brand and White Lodging ecommerce departments to ensure they are optimizing their internet presence
- Building a sales team that is guest focused and understands our processes and action plans for the department and the hotel
- Recording all business leads in Delphi and use the Delphi system to generate all contracts, invoices and reports for the Sales Team while taking an active role in daily sales strategies and monthly/annual forecasting
- Collaborating with Operations to keep them informed of group business and meeting room business
- Keeping the front desk informed and working with them to ensure guests and potential guests are taken care of and their business needs are met
- Working closely with the General Manager to ensure that all sales goals and market share targets are on track and to develop market and sales strategies
- Interview, hire, train, and supervise sales staff through account review, correspondence review and coaching toward improvement, recommend performance evaluations discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Action Oriented
- Business Acumen
- Develop Talent
- Directing Others
- Executing for Results
- Generate Revenue
- Inspire followership
- Select and Recruit Talent
- Time Management, etc.
- The required Skill set of a Cluster Director of Sales must consist of the ability to manage time, resources, and personnel effectively and productively, Strong knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors in designated geographic market.
- The candidate must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi FDC. Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills, as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Professional and effective written and oral communication and excellent customer service skills.
- Candidates should possess a 4-year degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or contain equivalent hotel experience including 5 years of sales experience in similar sized operation.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fishers, IN, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible