Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail - email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee,Baywood Hotels, Inc.The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Implements and directs the property's sales activities in accordance with the Marketing Plan and assigned market segment; coordinates with other departments the service activities related to the sales function to maximize customer satisfaction and overall profitability.
- Implements the sales activities within all market segments to achieve budgeted goals:
- Assists in the development of annual sales goals.
- Recommends and takes appropriate action to maximize sales during high and low season
- Assists in the preparation of the budget and ensures assigned area operates within cost constraints.
- Maintains effective plan of correspondence.
- Prepares reports, as requested, to develop a more informative database for improved management decision-making and critical evaluation of work activities.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention so prompt corrective action can be taken when appropriate.
- Solicits, evaluates, sells, and confirms business to meet overall assigned market segment's budgeted sales and profit margin:
- Qualifies prospective leads as to profitability.
- Develops data and recommends programs to meet at client's needs.
- Negotiates with client to achieve maximum profit while satisfying client needs.
- Contacts customers in-house to promote good will and foster additional business, repeat bookings, and referrals.
- Follows up on progress of groups booked, such as room night pick up, rooming lists and cut-off dates, with the Front Office Management to ensure maximum occupancy on a daily basis.
- Coordinates with various departments the activities related to booked business to ensure customer satisfaction and property profit:
- Reviews sales work file of assigned accounts to maintain a proper flow of information within the hotel.
- Conducts and/or attends meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among company employees and to promote maximum morale, productivity and efficiency.
- Assists in developing and executes projects for assigned market areas as stated in the hotel Marketing Plan to increase sales volume and profitability:
- Analyzes sales statistics to recommend policy.
- Conducts market analysis to determine client needs, occupancy potential, rates desired, etc.
- Develops/executes package plans, special sales activities, promotions, public relations activities and materials, advertising, etc.
- Enhances the property's community image and stays abreast of competition, new developments, and sales methods and techniques in the hospitality industry to maximize profitability.
- Performs all accountabilities in a timely and efficient manner, following established company policy and projecting a favorable image to achieve objectives, public recognition and acceptance.
- Participates in solving problems with other departments as required related to business booked on the property:
- Problems of guest room function space conflicts.
- Salvaging of accounts which threaten cancellation.
- Affect compromise between customer needs and property facilities.
- Ensures a clean & professional work environment by continuously monitoring both staff appearance & behavior and cleanliness of the work stations/area.
- Performs Manager on Duty functions as needed.
- Participates in BEAR and other Baywood sponsored community service events.
- Additional duties may be added at any time at the discretion of management.
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience in a hotel of similar type property
- Experience in the local market preferred
- Ability to Multi-task
- Proven record of successful Proactive Sales Efforts
- Strong reputation in the business community of the local market
- Marriott Experience preferred
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Jacksonville, FL, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration