This four star hotel has a focus on culinary excellence and provides staff with extensive, ongoing training and development. Marriott International is the worlds’ largest hotel company and provides associates with exciting long term career opportunities.
Ideally placed in Chepstow, South Wales close to the M48, St Pierre is a picturesque location with two fantastic golf courses where no two days are the same. With an exciting blend of guests and large events, our hotel is a great place to develop your skills, supporting weddings, prolific golf events, sports teams, extensive leisure facilities and fine dining at our hotel's on-site Morgans Restaurant and Cast Iron Restaurant.
The housekeeping teams at Marriott Hotels play a vital role in preparing rooms for guest arrivals and creating a lasting memory of comfort and cleanliness. Full training is provided to ensure that rooms are prepared to the appropriate standard. This includes the making of beds, folding of linens and cleaning of bathrooms.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, and meals on duty.
Weekends and School holidays will be required to be worked.
Specific duties of Guest Room Attendants include;
· Entering guest rooms should be entered following the appropriate procedure for gaining access and ensuring vacancy before entering
· Maintaining the highest level of guest privacy and security as per the company standard
· Responding promptly to any other requests from guests or other departments.
· Carrying out checks that all appliances are present in the room and in working order, with desk items, furniture and appliances straightened, dusted and polished.
· Guest amenities and supplies in rooms should be replaced with clean items. These include dirty linens, room service items, bins and beverage stations.
· Walls and furnishings should be inspected for marks or damage which should then be removed or reported as necessary. Carpets vacuumed and any other floor care duties performed (e.g., in guest rooms and hallway).
· At the end of each shift, carts should be replenished with supplies and transported to the assigned area.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; properly store flammable materials. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Penarth, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible