PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Services calls from hotels, guests, general public, SET customers, government agencies, travel agents, hotels, area directors and Starwood staff and executives.
- Records information in Starlink and establishes file on customers
- Review all correspondences received in the Corporate Services Group regardless of its origin.
- Interacts with Contact Center management staff, hotel General Manager and staff in seeking resolution to customer issues
- Provide regular communication of all SPG program specifics. Solicit feedback and ideas from all staff with an aim to improve associate and customer perception of the program.
- Research and analyze a variety of SPG issues utilizing various resources and tools. This position is empowered to handle situations using decision-making latitude in solving problems.
- Ensure that all SPG correspondences is handled in a timely manner through distribution to fellow associates while ensuring that necessary monitoring and work performance audits are conducted and necessary additional training is provided to associates.
- Ensures that responses are sent to all member queries forwarded from the hotels using same distribution process as above.
- To handle reservation calls during peak periods.
- Participate in ad hoc projects as assigned by Manager.
- College diploma and above
- 2 years of relevant working experience with business techniques, applications as well as analyzing and working with the public due to handling issues above and beyond
- Well-versed in Microsoft Word, Excel, Web and Email applications
- Good negotiation skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Able to work independently and exercise initiative
- Strong aptitude for customer service and attention to detail
- Bilingual with excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin/Cantonese
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Process all reservation requests, changes, and cancellations received by phone, fax, or mail. Identify guest reservation needs and determine appropriate room type. Verify availability of room type and rate. Explain guarantee, special rate, and cancellation policies to callers. Accommodate and document special requests. Answer questions about property facilities/services and room accommodations. Follow sales techniques to maximize revenue. Input and access data in reservation system. Indicate special room reservation types (e.g., complimentary rooms, employee discounts, travel agent inspection rates, and wholesale reservations) by inputting the correct code and rate into the reservation system. Follow proper escalation procedures when addressing guest concerns.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets; protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Guangzhou, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible