Swindon is a thriving town which has seen a lot of investment in recent years. It has an economy ranking amongst the top 5 UK cities for performance – but without the price tag of larger cities. Located in the heart of the breath-taking Wiltshire countryside, Swindon has become a popular destination for business and leisure visitors alike. The Swindon Marriott Hotel caters for this mix of travellers by providing modern, state of the art facilities with a personal and friendly service.
With its great transport links and ideal location near the hustle and bustle of the historic Old Town area, it’s no wonder that the Swindon Marriott has become a leading hotel in the local area and an outstanding example of the Marriott Hotels brand.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Kitchen Department for a Commis Chef to join our team! The role is a full time position of 30 hours over 4 days a week.
The impact you’ll make
You hold yourself to a higher culinary standard and it is your attention to each preparation that keeps guests with us to dine. Working with a dedicated team of experts, you will learn something different every day as you work with new seasonal menus and unique presentations. You hard work pays off when a dish that you’ve thoughtfully helped to prepare has guests raving and anxious to return.
What will I be doing?
Supplying the highest possible levels of customer care and service whether in the public eye or in the back of house areas.
- To assist in the preparation and cooking of food on any section in the kitchen.
- To work with the Chef de Partie and take instructions from supervisors.
- To assist in any area designated by the Senior Chef or Head Chef.
- To ensure date labelling is correct and food correctly stored at the end of each shift.
- To ensure that all monies are held in a proper manner, recorded and locked away in accordance with company standards.
What we’re looking for
Previous experience working within a Kitchen or similar environment preferred
- Great teamwork skills and attention to detail
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Good level of English essential
- Pro-active and reliable
What’s in it for me?
Giving associates opportunities to grow and succeed is part of the company’s DNA. As a company we offer unrivalled career and professional development opportunities.
Some of the fantastic benefits you would be entitled to if you joined Marriott International include:
- Meals on Duty
- Discounted Marriott hotel rates and Food & Beverage
- Earn up to £150 for recommending a friend to work for us
- Reward & Recognition programmes
Apply now to Start your Journey!
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Swindon, United Kingdom
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible