“a passion for perfection”
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Swissôtel Al Maqam description:
Swissôtel Al Maqam is Swissôtel’s Second hotel to open in Saudi Arabia. The hotel offers 1624 elegant rooms and suites with modern design, complementing the values of today’s Arab culture.
As part of the prestigious Abraj Al Bait complex, the deluxe Swissotel Al Maqam is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity to the holy Masjid Al Haraam, overlooking the Ka’aba and the Grand Mosque.
It has private entrances that make it easier for pilgrims to reach Al Masjid Al Haram.
Chef de Partie
Summary of Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities and tasks of this position are as listed below, but not limited to these:
- To consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues
- To ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- To actively share ideas, opinions & suggestions in daily shift briefings
- To ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards & expectations
- To liaise daily with Outlet Chefs to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
- To continually strive to improve food preparations & presentations
- To maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
- To have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- To ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- To follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- To follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a “passion for perfection” and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Previous experience in the culinary field required
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent required
- DiplomaCertification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position: Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
If you feel you are ready for your next professional challenge, send us your application today.
- Job type
- Ash Shawqiyyah, Mecca, Saudi Arabia
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract