“a passion for perfection”
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Hostess / Host
Summary of Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities and tasks of this position are as listed below, but not limited to these:
To consistently offer a professional, friendly greeting and engaging service
To understand the server’s tasks in the outlet
To understand shift end reports in the outlet and the servers tasks in the POS system
To assist guests regarding food and beverage menu items in an informative and helpful way
To have knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
To follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
To follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
Other duties as assigned
· To report on duty punctually, in full uniform according to appearance and grooming standards.
· To promote and maintain a positive working relationship at all times with all the Colleagues in Swissôtel Makkah.
· To consistently offer professional, friendly and warm service.
· To demonstrate a complete understanding of Swissôtel’s Policies & Procedures and Service Standards as outlined in the Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts.
· To have full knowledge of the Menu, Beverage lists in your outlet and all other special promotions taking place in the hotel. Knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods. To be able to answer any Guest questions about menu items in an informative and helpful way.
· To always take corrective action if service errors occur, ensuring all solutions exceed the Guests expectation
· Attend pre-meal briefing, weekly and monthly meetings to continually improve the Guests experience.
· To follow all of safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
· Carrying out any miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as requested by your Manager pertaining to total quality service delivered in Restaurant
We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a “passion for perfection” and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
Previous service experience an asset
Previous point of sale system experience an asset
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position: Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
Occasional kneeling, pushing and pulling
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
If you feel you are ready for your next professional challenge, send us your application today.
- Job type
- Ash Shawqiyyah, Mecca, Saudi Arabia
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract