“a passion for perfection”
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Swissotel AlMaqam description:
Swissotel AlMaqam is Swissotel’s 2nd hotel to open in Saudi Arabia. The hotel offers 1624 elegant rooms and suites with modern design, complementing the values of today’s Arab culture.
As part of the prestigious Abraj Al Bait complex, the deluxe Swissotel AlMaqam is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity to the holy Masjid Al Haraam, overlooking the Ka’aba and the Grand Mosque.
Swissotel AlMaqam is part of a new urban development, including AlKhirat restaurant, Masharef lounge. It has private entrances that make it easier for pilgrims to reach Al Masjid Al Haram. We invite you to be part of the dynamic Housekeeping team as;
For the following department:
Summary of Responsibilities:
· The ability to assist in the recruiting, hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining and motivating employees.
· The ability to ensure service and production is provided in the proper manner, and with the usual high standards.
· The ability to complete, in a timely fashion, all schedules and monitor staffing to insure maximum service, quality, efficiency and productivity. Also to monitor fluctuations in occupancy so that schedules may be adjusted.
· The ability to monitor daily assignments to insure that proper quotas and standards are maintained.
· The ability to establish safe working conditions and practices.
· The ability to participate actively (as required,) in physical inventories of all uniforms, linens (including food and beverage) and supplies.
· The ability to work directly with outside contracted companies when on hotel premises.
· The ability to organize and participate in meetings with all staff on a regular basis.
· The ability to ensure all personnel is exposed to constant refinement, training and development on an on-going basis.
· The ability to update all training material as needed as well as supervise the On-Line Training Program.
· The ability to ensure all daily and weekly payroll reports and sign-in sheets are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
· The ability to oversee the start of housekeeping shifts in the morning and evening.
· The ability to assist in preparing yearly capital and operational budgets for guest supplies, cleaning supplies and equipment and learn how they are conceived, approved and executed.
· The ability to participate in the monitoring of cost management as it pertains to inventories, issue of supplies, labor and energy.
· The ability to maintain good working relationships with all Department and Division Heads in the Hotel at all times.
· The ability to make scheduled tours of the hotel, noting deficiencies and ensuring proper follow-up procedures.
· The ability to participate in a consistent room’s inspection/Quality Control program which is monitored by the Director of Housekeeping. The ability to maintain permanent records of inspections by room number and date, using computer-aided program(s). The ability to maintain records of inspections for employee files.
· The ability to maintain awareness of current industry and community trends and participate in professional organizations, and maintain outside business contacts.
· The ability to monitor and maintain an energy conservation program for the Housekeeping department.
· The ability to become familiar with the Laundry/Valet Department and be able to monitor standards pertaining to guest service, operational efficiency, safety, productivity, quality and personnel.
· The ability to become familiar with the operation of the Uniform Room and monitor the maintenance of standards in the area.
· The ability to work with the hotel and departmental computer systems, especially with regard to how they relate to Housekeeping functions.
· The ability to review all work orders submitted and ensure all orders are handled in a timely and professional manner.
· The ability to assist in periodically reviewing, re-evaluating and revising departmental procedures and job descriptions, supplies, equipment and labor standards, as needed.
25. The ability to ensure all security policies and procedures are observed in all departments and areas of responsibilities (e.g., keys, linen room, linen closets, and storage closets.)
26. The ability to develop and implement creative concepts of Housekeeping to continue to enhance the image of quality that is associated with Hotel.
27. The ability to assume all operational responsibilities in the absence of the Executive Housekeeping.
28. The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management.
We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a “passion for perfection” and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Previous housekeeping experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
If you feel you are ready for your next professional challenge, send us your application today
Swissôtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job type
- Ash Shawqiyyah, Mecca, Saudi Arabia
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract