Be Bold, Be Inspired, Be You
Swissôtel Chicago is a luxury 4 star/4 diamond hotel with 661 rooms and suites located in the heart of downtown Chicago. Inspired by our brand pillar, Vitality, our Swissôtel Chicago family is united by a common vision to re-engage, re-inspire and re-vitalize our commitment to delivering quality service, building quality relationships and living quality lives.
At Swissôtel Chicago, we put the emphasis on our people. We are extremely proud of our Vitality initiatives and offer a variety of wellness programs for our Colleagues, who – in turn – aspire to bring quality of life into our guests’ lives. Our goal is to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts talented individuals who wish to develop their careers within a culture that values creativity and innovation in order to execute winning results aligned with our Vitality vision.
Scope of Position:
Responsible for assisting with the daily operations of Banquet Department. This individual must be able to operate independently and simultaneously as a team player within the guidelines and procedures of the company, being able to implement programs and to develop and change hotel processes and policies, as needed. Supports the Director of Banquets in his assignments and assures that set objectives are fulfilled and maintained.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for successful operation of banquet functions
- Exhibits high standards of accountability and responsibility
- Suggests or develops new methods for improving service or product quality.
- Review customer feedback and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure service team members are properly effective and well trained and correct any deviation through on-the-job guidance
- Responsible for operations of banquet setup and back of the house banquet operations
- Assures that standards of quality and procedures established for the Banquet Department are understood and implemented in all events
- Support the Banquet Department in ensuring that professional development opportunities are made available to members of the Banquet team whether in the form of “cross training,” “special courses” advancement and promotion, or in some other form
- Coordinates on a day to day basis with other Banquet leadership the smooth running of the operation, to include: pre-shift meetings, side work assignments, table assignments and clean up responsibilities.
- Ensure that high standards of professional conduct and ethics are adhered to by yourself, your team members, customers, vendors, contractors and the community in which the hotel is located
- Ensure that all fiduciary, financial matters and transactions in the department are handled in a manner consistent with relevant standards and procedures as established by the company, the hotel, the Financial Controller’s Office
- On a day to day basis insure that all facilities, equipment, furnishing, service ware, physical inventories and any other physical assets within the Banquet Department are properly accounted for, used, secured and maintained
- Assure that the safety, sanitation and security program within the department is understood and followed by each member to protect the hotel, the company and the customers
- Ensure that all policies and standards of the other departments, (personnel, accounting, engineering, etc.) which affect Banquets are implemented, understood, communicated within the department and adhered to by all Banquet personnel
- Perform other duties assigned by his/her supervisor
We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is inspires quality in life and able to work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Previous leadership experience required
- Previous Banquet supervisory experience preferred
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Must possess a professional presentation
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position: Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Constant standing, walking and sitting throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Frequently lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs
- Frequently pushing/pulling up to 40 lbs
About Swissôtel Chicago's Community Outreach
Our colleagues are passionate about connecting to the world and to others. We extend this passion to our Chicago community through our partnership with SOS Children’s Villages Illinois, a family focused organization that strengthens broken families, brings education and provides a safe and positive environment for underprivileged children. What started as a fundraising campaign quickly evolved into a heart campaign, giving hope to children, who were once less-fortunate, and showing them that we are dedicated to providing a brighter future.
Famous for blues, jazz, comedy, shopping, and dining - Chicago is situated in the hub of the Midwest. Our picturesque skyline ascends the waters of huge Lake Michigan – a first impression that soon reveals world-class museums of art and science, miles of sandy beaches, huge parks and public art and perhaps the finest downtown collection of architecture in the world.
About Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts got its start in Switzerland, a country known for big mountains and equally high standards of living. Its contemporary Swiss style and locally inspired flair attracts business and leisure travelers who enjoy high-end hotels but prefer fresh innovation to stale pretension. Conveniently located where travelers want to be, Swissôtel provides guests with the opportunity to stay in the heart of city centers worldwide where access to business and shopping districts are right around the corner. Swissôtel properties can be found in over 30 well-located properties around the world, with many more in development.
As guests of the world, every Swissôtel upholds Swiss sustainability standards. In fact, Swissôtel has a mission: to treat guests, team members, and the environment with equal respect. Swissôtel is now part of AccorHotels, a world-leading travel & lifestyle group and digital innovator offering unique experiences in more than 4,000 hotels, resorts and residences around the globe. But no matter how international Swissôtel becomes, just like the country it was founded in, it remains a small hotel at heart.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Chicago Loop, Chicago, IL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible