- Supervise and assist with the development of the Guest Service Agents in the “one stop shop” which is responsible for handling and communication of all guest needs including making reservations, answering incoming calls through hotel switchboard, answering calls from internal guests, seeing guest requests/complaints through to fruition and dispatching and following up on guest service calls. Acts as manager in the absence of the Communications Manager
Essential Performance Functions:
- Resolve and recover guest needs/complaints with passion and urgency
- Perform efficient and proper telephone techniques in accordance with Swissôtel policies and procedures
- Utilize effective sales tactics to book reservations for the Hotel
- Accurately input reservations and enter related information into the Property Management System (PMS)
- Efficiently reserve room types in order to maximize revenue and minimize over selling
- Follow hotel guidelines to ensure guest and colleague safety and security. Be the central point of communications in the hotel during an emergency situation. Report all suspicious activity to hotel Security immediately
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, provide information, take messages and schedule appointments.
- Answer all incoming phone calls and direct to their final destination with a pleasant attitude, a smile in your voice, and according to standard
- Hear and resolve complaints from customers and public
- Dispatch service calls to appropriate colleagues and follow up to ensure completion
- Assist with guest requests
- Input and log detailed written information into appropriate systems utilizing proper and professional verbiage
- Properly manage wake up calls
- Record guest messages
- File and maintain records
- Transmit and communicate information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Analyze data to determine answers to questions from customers or members of the public.
- Provide information about establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Assist with the management of the Communications Department
- Assist with hiring of qualified candidates for the Communications Department
- Plan and execute the Guest Service orientation and training of new hires
- Assist with ensuring that department standards are met
- Assist with the reservation process for voice, electronic, third party, and other reservation including reservations received via facsimile
- Assist with resolving complaints in a timely manner to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Assist with the implementation and on-going training of the Communication agents
- Responsible for coaching and counselling and mentoring of Communication agents
- Ensure all reservation information is entered according to department standards; randomly checking reservations entered into ORS, which includes reservation audits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain an open and clear line of communication with other departments within hotel
- Update daily call report and reports associated with daily conversion
Perform other duties assigned by his/her supervisor
Swiss Hospitality: All colleagues must maintain neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Colleagues are expected to display professionalism at all times, treating others as they wish to be treated as indicative to our Swissness. Prompt and regular attendance is also an essential function of all Swissôtel colleagues.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
· High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
· 2 years of previous PBX/reservations experience preferred
· Customer Service Experience required
· Basic computer skills and Microsoft Office knowledge required
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Chicago Loop, Chicago, IL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible