Be Bold, Be Inspired, Be You
Swissôtel Chicago is a luxury 4 star/4 diamond hotel with 661 rooms and suites located in the heart of downtown Chicago. Inspired by our brand pillar, Vitality, our Swissôtel Chicago family is united by a common vision to re-engage, re-inspire and re-vitalize our commitment to delivering quality service, building quality relationships and living quality lives.
At Swissôtel Chicago, we put the emphasis on our people. We are extremely proud of our Vitality initiatives and offer a variety of wellness programs for our Colleagues, who – in turn – aspire to bring quality of life into our guests’ lives. Our goal is to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts talented individuals who wish to develop their careers within a culture that values creativity and innovation in order to execute winning results aligned with our Vitality vision.
Sales & Catering Coordinator
Scope of Position:
Support assigned Sales, Catering and/or Conference Services Managers with all administrative functions to include daily support and weekly and monthly report management in a timely, accurate fashion. Assist assigned Managers in achieving individual and team revenue goals. We are seeking a candidate who works well in a team environment with a strong administrative skill set with the ability to multitask and prioritize independently.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Lead entry and assignment, meeting space assignment and detail, lead response forms, proposal preparation
- Accurate and timely date entry into all systems, to include contracts, leads, rooming lists
- Serve as a communication liaison between our customers and Sales and Service team
- Lanyon data entry, monthly negotiated account production reports as needed
- Coordination of Site Inspections to include research on group/customer, site room inspection, preparation of site materials, entertainment reservations, Chef's table, staff instruction.
- Travel research and coordination, compilation of expense reports
- Coordination of FAM's, account maintenance, pre-con meetings, guest reservations, VIP assistance, and updating monthly action plans
- Maintain Corporate Database & monthly productivity reports
- Proactively handles banquet event order distribution in accordance with written procedure
- Maintains customer file management according to Swissôtel standards
- Manages inventory of office supplies and processed purchase orders as directed
- Assist with the Month-end report development
- Monitor customer RFP requests and assign to appropriate Manager for follow up as needed
- Reception Phone shifts to monitor incoming calls and service requests
- Support housing and reservations as needed
We are looking for a well-organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a “quality in life” and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- 1 year in related and/or equivalent sales experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2 year degree from accredited university
- Strong administrative skill set and ability to handle a full workload
- Position will support multiple managers so must be able to prioritize and multitask
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft office – word, excel, PowerPoint along with Opera Property Manager.
- Experience with Opera Sales & Catering an asset
- Clear, proper written communication skills
- Professional, polished verbal presentation skills
- Solid track record of regular and prompt attendance
- Proven time management and organization skills
- Attention to detail
About Swissôtel Chicago's Community Outreach
Our colleagues are passionate about connecting to the world and to others. We extend this passion to our Chicago community through our partnership with SOS Children’s Villages Illinois, a family focused organization that strengthens broken families, brings education and provides a safe and positive environment for underprivileged children. What started as a fundraising campaign quickly evolved into a heart campaign, giving hope to children, who were once less-fortunate, and showing them that we are dedicated to providing a brighter future.
Famous for blues, jazz, comedy, shopping, and dining - Chicago is situated in the hub of the Midwest. Our picturesque skyline ascends the waters of huge Lake Michigan – a first impression that soon reveals world-class museums of art and science, miles of sandy beaches, huge parks and public art and perhaps the finest downtown collection of architecture in the world.
About Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts got its start in Switzerland, a country known for big mountains and equally high standards of living. Its contemporary Swiss style and locally inspired flair attracts business and leisure travelers who enjoy high-end hotels but prefer fresh innovation to stale pretension. Conveniently located where travelers want to be, Swissôtel provides guests with the opportunity to stay in the heart of city centers worldwide where access to business and shopping districts are right around the corner. Swissôtel properties can be found in over 30 well-located properties around the world, with many more in development.
As guests of the world, every Swissôtel upholds Swiss sustainability standards. In fact, Swissôtel has a mission: to treat guests, team members, and the environment with equal respect. Swissôtel is now part of AccorHotels, a world-leading travel & lifestyle group and digital innovator offering unique experiences in more than 4,000 hotels, resorts and residences around the globe. But no matter how international Swissôtel becomes, just like the country it was founded in, it remains a small hotel at heart.
- Job type
- Chicago Loop, Chicago, IL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible