“a passion for perfection”
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Swissôtel Grand Shanghai, award winning “Leading Business Hotel” offers 467 contemporary designed rooms. 4 restaurants and bars, a health club and spa, comprehensive conference and banquet facilities cater to all events and occasions
In Room Dining - Supervisor
Position Objective: for you to bring your previous supervisory experience to our in room dining to ensure a high quality, consistent and personalized experience for all our guests and patrons thereby contributing to and supporting the reputation of our hotel.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees in the Hotel’s Restaurant in accordance to Swissotel procedures and absolute safety and satisfaction.
1. Greet each guest promptly, courteously, graciously with eye contact, a smile and good posture. Answer telephones according to Swissotel standards and take guest reservations or provide information regarding the restaurant.
2. Anticipate the needs of guests, respond accordingly to guest inquiries or problems, and recognize regular guests by name and utilize the guest’s name consistently.
3. Train and coach, employees in the restaurant to ensure that established standards are met; daily activities and planning for outlet operation.
4. To be visible in the operation, provide recognition, promote good public relations, and handle special requests for guests, clients, and group contacts.
5. Describe and ensure quality of all food items, ingredients, and preparation methods, as well as provide knowledge of wine and spirits in an elegantly appointed environment dedicated to an attentive and distinctive experience for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
6. To work closely with the Assistant managers, Restaurant managers, Sous chefs to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
7. Attend regular operational meetings and participate in all required meetings.
8. Control expenses through effective inventory and anticipate, in advance of all materials and supplies assuring their availability.
We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a “passion for perfection” and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Previous service experience an asset
- Previous point of sale system experience an asset, but not required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- JingAnSi, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible