Main Responsibilities :
· Oversees & manages the computer systems operation & system development
Main duties :
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads/assists in the preparation of proposals for all phase of systems planning, testing, development and implementation.
- Maintains and enforces quality assurance of all assignments in the department
- Establishes and implements departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
- Develops, establishes and implements operating policies, standards and approaches for the Hotels as its IT Policies & Procedures.
- Establishes and administers Hotels’ IT Budget and capital plans.
- Evaluates & assesses needs and priorities for Hotels’ operation, maintenance, enhancement and growth.
- Contracts negotiation and administration.
- Maintains and updates procedures for system development and software /infrastructure in the department to satisfy audit concerns, including regular review of relevant documentation
- Oversees the development, design and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
- Manages project activities; provides advice on the technical activities.
- Reviews and negotiates information technology applications, software, services and equipment to ensure that proper services are being provided.
- Reviews bids and proposals. Administers the implementation of new and revised/ upgraded systems. Oversees the development, design and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
- Develops and maintains/updates standards, guidelines, procedures and methodology for system development and software maintenance / infrastructure in the department to satisfy audit concerns, including regular review of relevant documentation.
- Recruitment, supervision, training, mentoring, professional and capability development as well as reviewing associate’s performance.
- Responsible for the development and review of all back-up and disaster procedures and plans.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication with management, user departments and external vendors.
- Establishes all housekeeping and control procedures, including physical and data security.
- Ensures that controls and housekeeping standards are kept and in use according to requirements.
- Analyse, implement, support and maintain application systems and its configuration to support the Hotels’ businesses and new initiatives.
- Evaluates requests for applications/software; researches and recommends solutions to technology needs, compatible with the Hotels’ technology architecture and infrastructure and resource constraints.
- Good understanding of the Hotels’ systems architecture, data flow and business needs.
- Leads in the preparation of proposals for all phase of systems planning, testing, development and implementation.
- Manages and oversees projects, developing & leading team members with various levels of expertise/mentors staff. Leads project team in system evaluation on the design, proposal and implementation of application systems for the Hotel. Evaluates and makes recommendations to the Hotel management and process owners.
- Leads projects, provides technical direction and leadership to support, oversee and ensure prompt completion of projects by developing project plans, establishing estimates and schedules, defining task scope and task lists; providing design guidance, implementation and test plans, and other required coordination.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, and participate in the development, and implementation of computer applications; identifies alternatives; estimates cost and timing of application modifications and new systems development.
- Lead or supervise in the writing of technical specifications for system and program design; lead or supervise the writing of procedures for operations and maintenance.
- Lead or supervise the monitoring of applications operations and the correction of issues/problems; develops and implements solutions to problems; confers with departmental team members, vendors, and technical support personnel regarding changes in operating procedures and systems design.
- Identifies and analyzes user requirements and recommends appropriate applications or modifications. This includes the ability to evaluate and interpret end user information requirements, and to develop/recommend appropriate systems and/or applications solutions; estimates cost and timing of systems modifications and new systems development.
- Adherence to related IT policies and procedures, ensuring that these are reviewed and kept up-to-date.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the users and company information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Maintain and update application-related procedures in the department to satisfy audit concerns, including regular reviews of relevant documentation.
- Be on standby duty during and outside office hours.
- Ensure that all safety, health, security and loss control policies and procedures and government legislation are adhered to.
- Abide to any other duties as assigned by Management.
Leadership experience in a similar role
Relevant IT certifications required
Microsoft Certified Software Engineer
Understanding of TCP/IP networks
University/College degree in a related discipline required
Understanding of hotel applications an asset
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Fluency in English
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable with exceptional attention to detail
Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
‘Can do’ attitude and a high level of energy
Ability to prioritize tasks and meet the needs of internal and external customers.
Adaptable and flexible to change
Attention to detail
Expertise in Network Infrastructure, including cabling & termination of network ports.
Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple assignments from concept stage through to delivery.
Highly developed analytical skills combined with ability to trouble shoot and problem solve technical issues.
We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a “passion for perfection” and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
Formal qualifications in Information Technology such as Bachelor of Science majoring in Information Technology (or equivalent) from a recognized institution.
Highly developed knowledge of hotel operating systems including hardware and software applications.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience within a 5 star hotel operations environment in the same role.
High degree of competency in proprietary applications including Managing Active Directory- Domain Controller, VPN connections, minimum requirement to manage SQL Server 2003, SQL Studio 2005 and/ or above, Oracle, Watch guard Firewall,
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Action Area II, Kolkata, India
- Starting in
- As soon as possible