Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Swissôtel Kolkata is Kolkata’s newest five star hotel near the airport and is attached to a mall featuring shops, restaurants and a multiplex cinema. Located in Rajarhat beside the IT hub, the hotel offers a distinct mix of leisure and business facilities.
The hotel has 147 guest rooms with spectacular outdoor Jacuzzis, three restaurants and a bar, a fitness centre and spa, an infinity swimming pool a business centre, and two meeting rooms. Over a 1000 guests can be accommodated in cocktail/reception style in Bern, the largest pillar-free banqueting facility of over 7000 square feet, apart from 3 breakout halls of over 650 square feet each.
The hotel has separate smoking (7th & 8th floors) and non-smoking floors (4th, 5th, 6th, 9th & 10th floors), free internet in areas except the banquets, and is noted for its unique offering of Swiss hospitality and attention to detail.
The award winning Bars and Restaurants of Swissôtel Hotels and Resorts have become places of entertainment throughout the world and Swissôtel Kolkata is no exception.
JUNIOR SOUS CHEF
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist the respective Outlet Chef in the management and supervision of the related food preparation and respective kitchen operations as designated by the Outlet or Executive Chef.
- He will be pro active towards the training and development of associate, which will be focused towards achieving a consistent five star product, ensuring that the culinary associates are motivated, disciplined and productive.
- There is a key focus on enforcing operational health and safety criteria and food hygiene regulations.
- Assisting as required in creative food preparation and menu planning, whilst being aware and goal oriented towards the established financial budgets.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Culinary diploma from a recognized institution or higher
At least 4 years practical experience in a similar position with 2 years in a junior kitchen management position.
Fair and firm management abilities with high influencing skills
- Sound financial acumen
- Understanding of operational, health and safety issues and hazards
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Creative and innovative
- Strong knowledge of food and beverage
- Pro-active approach towards following local and international industry progress and activities
- Ideal training and coaching skills – Train the trainer skills
- Hands-on approach to all operational aspects
- Basic computer skills
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
If you feel you are ready for your next professional challenge, send us your application today.
- Job type
- Action Area II, Kolkata, India
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration