Your Safety is our Priority
Over the past several months, our dedicated team has been a beacon of strength as we’ve managed through the global crisis presented by the COVID-19 pandemic. This crisis has shown the very best of our hotel and we are so proud of how all of our colleagues have been there for each other, offering help, comfort and support through these difficult and unpredictable times. The spirit, passion and determination of our Swissôtel Chicago family is stronger than ever before.
The safety, health and wellbeing of our colleagues are of paramount importance to us. At each touchpoint throughout the hotel, extensive measures are being taken to protect our colleagues, including adjusted shift start times to promote physical distancing; mandatory temperature checks for all employees; masks for all employees; gloves worn as needed by department; hand sanitizer stations throughout the heart of house; adapted food & beverage offerings and service styles in both the Heart and Front of House areas, adjustments in housekeeping and PPE worn by all attendants and changed between rooms; increased frequency of cleaning & disinfecting in all employee common areas (i.e. cafeteria, locker room, washrooms, etc.), with a focus on high-touch points; and continued use of EPA registered disinfecting chemicals, proven effective in preventing the transmission of COVID-19. Each colleague receives hands-on training to ensure comfort and competency with our new standards. As we welcome new employees, please be assured that we are looking ahead, through and past the COVID-19 pandemic, to ensure that our valued guests and employees will always be looked after with the highest degree of safety and care.
Chicago Tribune Top Workplace
Imagine a workplace with leaders and colleagues who show up real, who embrace vulnerability, let go of egos and inspire authentic, genuine connections. For five years in a row, our colleagues have voted us a Top Workplace and every day we strive to bring our best selves to work to live up to this tremendous honor. We are looking for daring, audacious, kind, incredible and fun individuals who love nothing more than to connect with fellow humans. If you love the idea of building a career and being celebrated in your job for simply being YOU – then apply with us today and tell us about yourself!
Inspiring Vitality Experiences One Heart at a Time
Made possible by Harry Weese’s visionary design, Swissôtel Chicago boasts “forever” views of the Chicago skyline, Navy Pier, and Lake Michigan. Our colleague culture is inspired by Vitality; united by a common goal to deliver heartfelt service, build meaningful relationships and lead quality lives. With incomparable event space, 662 newly renovated guest rooms and suites, a one of a kind penthouse ballroom and flawless food & beverage delivery, Swissôtel Chicago is the premiere hotel in Chicago for leisure and conference guests.
At Swissôtel Chicago, we put the emphasis on our people. We are extremely proud of our Vitality initiatives and offer a variety of FREE wellness programs for our Colleagues, who – in turn – aspire to bring quality of life into our guests’ lives. Our goal is to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts talented individuals who wish to develop their careers within a culture that values creativity and innovation in order to execute winning results aligned with our Vitality vision.
Risk Management Officer
Scope of Position:
You are friendly, detail-oriented and love the rush of solving problems and being there in times of need. Helping people is your purpose in life, and it just so happens you’ll be doing just that in an award-winning hotel.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- The Health and Safety of all hotel guests and colleagues
- To genuinely connect with humans
- To provide warm, friendly and helpful service
- To fully understand and execute all aspects of the life safety system (i.e. Fire, Evacuation, Bomb Threat, Emergency Medical Procedures, etc).
- To abide by and enforce all hotel policies and procedures and work with hotel management to correct of any violation of said policies when possible
- To report any violations which have not been corrected or cannot be corrected immediately
- To document, file and report all incidents occurring within the hotel and conduct a full investigation of all said incidents.
- To demonstrate the ability to effectively deal with colleagues and guests, utilizing diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate and detailed information
- To patrol assigned areas to ensure only hotel colleagues, guests and visitors are on property
- To be responsible for all Lost and Found procedures
- To ensure package pass procedures are followed for all hotel items leaving the hotel
- To manage and enforce the key control policy, including all sign-in/out procedures and to conduct key inventory at the beginning and end of each shift
- Any other tasks that may be assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- College Degree or equivalent work experience an asset
- Previous Risk Management in Hospitality experience an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving abilities
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to conduct detailed report writing
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position: Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
About Swissôtel Chicago's Community Outreach
Our colleagues are passionate about connecting to the world and to others. We extend this passion to our Chicago community through our partnership with SOS Children’s Villages Illinois, a family focused organization that strengthens broken families, brings education and provides a safe and positive environment for underprivileged children. What started as a fundraising campaign quickly evolved into a heart campaign, giving hope to children, who were once less-fortunate, and showing them that we are dedicated to providing a brighter future.
Famous for blues, jazz, comedy, shopping, and dining - Chicago is situated in the hub of the Midwest. Our picturesque skyline ascends the waters of huge Lake Michigan – a first impression that soon reveals world-class museums of art and science, miles of sandy beaches, huge parks and public art and perhaps the finest downtown collection of architecture in the world.
About Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts got its start in Switzerland, a country known for big mountains and equally high standards of living. Its contemporary Swiss style and locally inspired flair attracts business and leisure travelers who enjoy high-end hotels but prefer fresh innovation to stale pretension. Conveniently located where travelers want to be, Swissôtel provides guests with the opportunity to stay in the heart of city centers worldwide where access to business and shopping districts are right around the corner. Swissôtel properties can be found in over 30 well-located properties around the world, with many more in development.
As guests of the world, every Swissôtel upholds Swiss sustainability standards. In fact, Swissôtel has a mission: to treat guests, team members, and the environment with equal respect. Swissôtel is now part of AccorHotels, a world-leading travel & lifestyle group and digital innovator offering unique experiences in more than 4,000 hotels, resorts and residences around the globe. But no matter how international Swissôtel becomes, just like the country it was founded in, it remains a small hotel at heart.