“Quality in Life”
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Swissôtel Merchant Court, Singapore is a luxury hotel ideally located close to entertainment and dining hotspots such as Clarke Quay, Boat Quay and Chinatown. The close proximity of the MRT to the hotel makes Orchard Road, Raffles City, all major tourist attractions and the financial hub at Raffles Place, within easy reach.The 476 guest rooms and suites cater to the needs of the most discerning travellers. The Swiss Executive floors offer luxurious rooms and suites and the Swiss Executive Lounge provides additional luxury and exclusivity. Facilities includes an idyllic pool area with water-slides, an outdoor Jacuzzi, two award-winning restaurants and one lobby bar, a 24 hours Fitness Centre, Pürovel Spa & Sport, a column-less ballroom and seven function rooms.
Assistant Catering Sales Manager/ Catering Sales Manager/ Senior Catering Sales Manager (Wedding)
Summary of Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities and tasks of this position are as listed below, but not limited to these:
- Achieve personal and sales team goals as assigned.
- Manage all wedding functions to achieve the optimum departmental revenue targets.
- Solicit for business and follow up on potential sales leads.
- Conduct site inspection as required.
- Negotiate and review wedding packages offered to clients.
- Assist in conceptualization of event.
- Establish strong working relationship with clients and maintain accurate and updated information about their needs for their function.
- Work closely with Banqueting and other departments to facilitate services agreed upon and to ensure the overall success of the event.
- Promote guest satisfaction and encourage referrals.
- Handle feedback and resolve complaints from guests.
- Monitor competitors’ activities and market intelligence and be-proactive.
- Represent the hotel in wedding tradeshows and events as required.
- Prepare event orders, proposals, confirmation and other agreements.
- Liaise with Central Purchasing via SSM for any purchases needed for the wedding department
Liaise with the Marcoms to produce art work and printed material needed for the wedding department
Handles administrative works and keeps up-dated files on the following C&B matters including:
Past, present and future events
Menus and beverage lists
Personnel and Training
Other hotels wedding / celebration events
Material and Equipment
Monitors local competitors and compare their operation with his/her operation
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
Provide after-sales service and in particular to ensure all guests complaints brought to management’s attention and communicate with the respective departments if necessary for proper handling. Ensure that all complaints are reviewed, investigated and follow-up action is initiated.
- Produces weekly Sales plan & reports
- From time to time (every 6 months) to recommend and review wedding menus with Executive Chef.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Discuss with Banquet Operation/F&B Manager and Executive Chef on a weekly basis on service improvement and competitors creativities and trends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Display flexibility and willingness to adapt to new situations and/or take up new challenges.
- Required to work nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Work with the SSM in the preparation and management of the department’s budget. Duties include:
Assist in the preparation of the wedding annual budget
Monitor, analyses and report variation from the budget
Manages the wedding Department’s expenses
We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a “passion for perfection” and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Knowledge of and skilled use of PC and Windows-base software.
Working knowledge of Opera System preferred.
Minimum 1-2 years relevant experience in similar capacity with a demonstrated track records.
Diploma holder or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting.
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
If you feel you are ready for your next professional challenge, send us your application today.
- Job type
- Singapore River, Singapore
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration