"Quality in Life"
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Swissôtel Merchant Court, Singapore is a luxury hotel ideally located close to entertainment and dining hotspots such as Clarke Quay, Boat Quay and Chinatown. The close proximity of the MRT to the hotel makes Orchard Road, Raffles City, all major tourist attractions and the financial hub at Raffles Place, within easy reach.
The 476 guest rooms and suites serve the demand of all travelers and offer a choice of accommodation options. The Business Executive floors offer luxurious rooms and suites with upgraded amenities, including an Executive Club Lounge. Facilities include a choice of two restaurants, a bar, Spa & Sport, a free-form swimming pool, 24-hour gym, a column-free ballroom and 4 function rooms.
We invite you to be part of the dynamic team as:
Director of Revenue Management & Distribution
Summary of Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities and tasks of this position are as listed below, but not limited to these:
Reporting to the General Manager with dotted line to Director of Sales and Marketing, the Director of Revenue Management & Distribution is responsible for driving incremental revenue and profit for the hotel using a rational, disciplined decision-making process while managing risk under current and anticipated market conditions. Implement effective revenue management practices for guest rooms, Food & Beverage, Catering Sales and Spa.
- Maximizing room revenue contribution through a thorough understanding of all booking channels and management of inventory and rate therein
- Continual analysis of changing channel distribution models and the impact on consumer booking trends
- Optimizing hotel and corporate pricing strategies through definition and management of BAR levels, stay restrictions and other tactics, which are congruent with demand factors and which are managed through all distribution channels
- Lead the RM Team to determine effective and engaging rate offers (packages) which are then offered in to the right customer in the right channel
- Monitor transient, group and tour booking pace in order to determine pricing and availability controls for all reservation distribution sources. Discusses changes to, and implements those changes in distribution plan accordingly
- Complete all rooms and revenue forecasting to accurately project unconstrained demand
- Fully utilize the Revenue Optimization Cycle of the myRPMS/IDeaS system, to ensure that the appropriate overrides are in place, special events are accurately loaded, and the sharing of knowledge with the system in maintained
- Work with RM Team to determine unconstrained demand and maintains the data within the DAS, both future and historical
- Work with DOSM and Sales Team members to encourage strategic selection of the right piece of business, in keeping with FRHI guidelines
- Tracking and analysis of competitive set pricing and yield strategies, gaining the ability to predict the comp set reaction to changes in the marketplace
- Plays an active role in the Strategic Planning, Marketing Plan and budgeting processes
- Chairs and prepares materials for the weekly Revenue Management Meetings and follows the FRHI guidelines for meeting content
- Prepares revenue updates as required by the RM Team
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment in accordance to health regulations and the hotel’s health and safety program
- Adhere to all FRHI Environmental policies and procedures
Qualifications:We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a “passion for perfection” and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
Minimum 3 years experience in a related area
Independent and self reliant
Communication and Influencing skills
Strategic thinking combined with the proven ability to move strategy to action are foremost attributes
Comfortable in discussion forums; able to represent ideas succinctly and convincingly
Proven experience in analysis and problem solving required
Team building skills and proven track record is essential
Self-study and independent work ethics are required
Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities under time constraints is vital to the success of this individual
Strong experience or adaptable training in the use of automated systems, PCs and office products, e.g. Excel, Word
Knowledge of FRHI Sales & Property Management automation including Opera Property Manager System, Opera Central Reservation System, OXI Interfaces, Opera Sales & Catering, and myRPMS/IDeaS are an asset
Fluent in English
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
If you are interested in embarking on a challenging career with us, we invite you to submit your resume to us by clicking “Apply Online”.
Swissôtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job type
- Singapore River, Singapore
- Starting in
- As soon as possible