Provide food and beverage service to the hotels guests. To serve the guests in a Five Star manner. Assure highest quality of the Department by working in an efficient and conscious manner, as well as, maintaining and developing the highest service standards possible.
The performance of this position effects guest satisfaction and an impression of the service the Hotel provide. This impression can lead to repeat business and reputation enhancements.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned. Management also reserves the right to change or modify position descriptions from time-to-time to meet the needs of the business with or without notice).
All employees must abide by the Tata Code of Conduct. If I have a concern about a violation or a potential violation of the Tata Code of Conduct, I must promptly report the violation following the process outlined in the policy itself.
All employees must comply with our Taj Luxury Experience Standards. Through rigorous attention to these standards, we will be able to surpass our guest's expectations and will be able to consistently delight all of our guests.
• Must fully comply and abide by the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) of the company.
• Follow proper payroll procedures such as swiping in and out for meal breaks.
• Offer guests of the enjoyable, expertly served beverage/dining experience conforming to Taj Hotels standards of excellence for quality, professionalism and friendliness.
• Anticipate and service guest requirements before requests are necessary.
• Serve and clear food and beverage items in an unobtrusive and professional manner.
• Be familiar with the wine list and in wine and beverage service, including stemware used and appropriate garnishes (this includes flaming coffee drinks and cordials).
• Complete opening and closing side work as assigned and have all tables set according to standard.
• Present menus and explanations for all menu items as well as specials of the day.
• Present children’s menus, and offer crayons and coloring book when appropriate, and describe specials.
• Utilize the hotels computer system ringing up sales, printing checks, closing checks, and completing closing readings.
• Carry trays, bus and reset tables with linen, china, glass, and silver.
• Offer after-dinner beverage by up-selling
• Ascertain a guest’s satisfaction and handle any problem that may arise, informing a manager of the problem and how it was resolved or if further assistance is needed
• Handle a guest walk-out by completion of check with managers assistance
• Report any incident immediately, no matter how minor, to a manager.
• Recognize and address potentially intoxicated, disruptive or undesirable guests and follow tips training guidelines.
• Answer telephones according to the Taj Hotels’ standards and take reservations or provide information regarding the lounge or any other hotel service.
• Greet each guest promptly, courteously, graciously with eye contact, a smile and a good posture.
• Recognize regular guests and greet them by their name.
• Use guest names for all guests as guest name becomes known.
• Keep the working area clean and tidy at all times.
• Respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
• Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
• Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
• 1 year food and beverage hostess.
• Above average knowledge of wines, spirits, and mixed drinks.
• Ability to work with POS touch system. Must be organized, efficient, possess good communication skills and is service minded.
• Professionalism and immaculate Appearance
• Menu knowledge including ingredients and awareness of all food allergies that might be noted
• Alcohol service, safety and laws
• Order taking and suggestive selling and promotions
• Food service delivery
• Service recovery
• Bank and cash handling
• Food safety and Sanitation Procedures
• Tip reporting
Required Position Skills
• Cultural Sensitivity
• Oral Communication Skills
• Planning and organizing skills
• Problem solving skills
• Service Orientation
• Team Work
• Customer service appreciation and awareness
Other Skills / Abilities:
• Focus on the Customer. . . Seek to understand the guest and internal customer and meet the needs of both the customer and the Company.
• Attend to Details . . . Ensure that work is accurate, thorough and to the highest standards.
• Take Responsibility . . . Demonstrate personal ownership to tasks and follow through to get the required results.
• Apply Professional, Product or Technical Expertise . . . Demonstrate the ability to apply technical, professional or product expertise to everyday hotel situations.
• Foster Teamwork . . . Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
• Communicate Effectively
• Clarify and provide information so that coworkers, customers, and suppliers understand and can take action.
• Fluency in English is required, additional language ability is a bonus
• Ability to read, speak and write English
• Must be able to think freely and make decisions on own pertaining to job responsibility
• Able to perform duties without great supervision
• Ability to keep calm, responsive and friendly under pressure
• Able to handle a variety of different tasks at once as well as challenges that may arise with guests, customers and/or employees
• Knows when to request help or assistance from supervisor
• This is a very fast paced busy environment
• Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Taj Dubai from time-to-time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
• Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Hotel
• This position is monitored by direct/indirect supervision to insure all unit procedures are adhered to.
• Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Taj Dubai rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the Hotel. Employees who violate any rules and regulations or policies and procedures will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment
At all times safety and health hazards should be foremost in the minds of all employees. All employees must acquaint themselves with HACCP Standards regarding proper use, disposal and storage of chemicals, must practice common sense and not expose themselves to any work procedures which are not within the bounds of good safe practice or in the Hotel Safety Procedures.
• To acknowledge, greet, smile and show respect to every guest, customer and fellow employee
• To cooperate with all Departments
• To maintain your work environment at its best, according to your duties. (Cleanliness, order, etc.)
• To keep yourself informed
The education, specialized training, required licenses or certifications and/or years of directly related experience preferred to enter this job:
High School Diploma minimum.
At least one year related experience.
An intoxicating fusion of extravagance, heritage and contemporary style, Taj Dubai occupies a prime location, in the Emirates’ most famous city. The hotel’s 296 lavish rooms are a mix of rich Indian artistry and traditional influences, suffused with a cool, vibrant twist. Multiple room offers stunning views of the majestic Burj Khalifa.
Conveniently located at the Burj Khalifa precinct, Taj Dubai is a mere five minutes from the famed Downtown area and Dubai Mall. The airport is only nine miles (15 kms) away, making this one of the most coveted locations for business travellers and tourists alike. The hotel offers the ideal vantage point to watch the bustling city assume its glamorous, late-evening avatar. With iconic landmarks like Palm Jumeirah and Dubai Fountain in close proximity, Dubai's glitzy nightlife is a stone’s throw away.
Taj Dubai is a culinary gateway to modern twists on traditional gourmet dishes, inspired by a medley of countries and cultures. Delight in international cuisine at the global eatery, Tesoro. Savour exquisite Indian cuisine at Bombay Brasserie, the hotel’s vibrant restaurant and lounge bar. Sample delectable fusion dishes at The Eloquent Elephant, the lively gastro pub. Enjoy afternoon tea, finger foods and cocktails at Byzantium Lounge and indulge in the finest champagnes and wines accompanied by healthy Mediterranean bites at Treehouse.
The craft of our master chefs and impeccable service perfectly complement the ultimate location, amenities and large selection of venues of this luxury hotel. This makes Taj Dubai the preferred venue for your business presentations, functions and special banquets. The hotel’s stunning Opera Ballroom can host up to 500 people. Choose from a selection of meeting rooms, a large boardroom, a pre-function foyer area, and an outdoor pool deck for cocktails and events.
The hotel’s fully equipped fitness centre is ideal for a rejuvenating workout, while the Jiva Spa works wonders on your body and mind.
Come, experience the Emirates like royalty!
Other suggested jobs
- Reservations AgentDubai, United Arab Emirates