General Accountant is responsible for banking function and administering the General Cashier fund ina timely and efficient manner as well as for processing the monthly payroll of all colleagues and maintaining updated payroll records of each colleague. Providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organisation and complete payments and control expenses by receiving payments,plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. Additionally, responsible for the efficient operation and support for the outlet cashier of the Club.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
Your main duties and responsibilities are:
- Prepare General Cashier’s sections of daily cash receipts, recapitulations and passes it together with the bank deposits and remittance envelopes to the Income Auditor.
- Function as custodian of petty cash fund and administer petty cash disbursements to colleagues in accordance with Club Policies. Ensure that the fund is counted and reconciled at the end of the day.
- Review and determine all payments due and to submit the payment requests and disbursement schedule to Head of Finance for review and signature prior to the actual preparation of cheques.
- Prepare cheque payments and submit them, with supporting documents for final approval and signatures of the Head of Finance and General Manager.
- Prepare month-end report closing of Accounts Payable, VAT, Accruals, Provisions.
- Verify and submit various colleague documentation for further approval, as per the approval matrix. These include vacation requests, final settlements, change of status, air ticket LPOs, HR action forms, loan requests etc.
- The Paymaster checks the attendance sheets, with the supporting documents such as Leave Form, Payroll Notification, Sick Leave Form, Time and Attendance system etc., and enters the attendance details into the payroll system.
- Print payroll reports, check the salary register with monthly attendance sheet and tally gross and net pay of all individuals for the month, by department.
- Prepare the monthly payroll within the cut-off date and arrange for bank advice to be signed and submitted to the bank prior to the last working day of each month
- Prepare all payroll reports and Journal vouchers as per the standards.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in same or similar role in luxury hotels
- Internationally recognised degree in Accounts / Finance
- Excellent level of English, written and spoken
- Experience in Micros Symphony, Microsoft Dynamics, Adaco, Bayan
- Strong organisational and time management skills with a high degree of flexibility
- Excellent team management skills with strong problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrate integrity in all dealings and maintain high level of confidentiality
The Arts Club Dubai is offering a competitive and attractive remuneration and benefits package.
Required skills: Payroll, Financial Management, Excellent level of English, Microsoft Dynamics, Micros Symphony, Finance/Accounts Degree
The Arts Club Dubai
It will be the first international outpost of the celebrated and historical private members’ club, established in 1863 in Mayfair, London. The Club’s brand new membership will form an exciting new community of like-minded, diverse and dynamic people, all hailing from different cultures and sectors, from the region and further afield.
A lifestyle for its members
The Club will provide its members with a home away from home: a sanctuary for those seeking comfort, hospitality and elegance, with a level of quality, service and attention to detail that will leave them wanting for nothing.
It will also be an office away from the office, where members seeking a more relaxed environment in which to conduct business can do so at ease, either in a social and convivial setting or in a more private and secluded space.