Director of Integrative Wellness will drive and design all programming to deliver the "Miraval experience". This role will be responsible to lead innovation of the Integrative Well-being offerings. The primary function of the Director of Integrative Well-being is to oversee the operations of Fitness; Equine; Yoga/Mindfulness; Organic Farm; Outdoor Adventure; Nutrition and Exercise Physiology. The IW Director directly manages the Wellness Counselors, Creative Expressionists and Metaphysical Providers. Hospitality background preferred and strong interest in Mindfulness, Meditation and Wellness.
Duties and Responsibilities
· The creation, development, implementation and evaluation of all programming designed to support targeted needs or purposeful guest experiences.
· Continuously evaluate all program offerings to leverage resources, ensure fiscal responsibility and ensure the high standards of Miraval are being maintained.
· Oversee the monthly activities schedule to ensure cost-effectiveness, easy implementation, balance of content, and that offerings are guest-driven.
· Drive revenue by training program staff to make presentations appropriately compelling to promote individual consults.
· Recruit, train and directly manage Consierge Experience Planners
· Oversee all budgets for the department and on a yearly basis, project 3 year capital budgets.
· Partner with Marketing, Sales and PR with how best to reach the Miraval audience.
· Analyze management statistics for efficiencies
· Serve as primary contact for all “celebrity” (ambassador) content providers
· Develop individual and group signature programs in Equine, Farm, Fitness, Yoga, Meditation, Well-being, Metaphysicical and Creative Expressionists
· Organize and participate in departmental and inter-departmental meetings
· Actively participate in training opportunities and team building activities
· Oversee the management of the Equine, Challenge, Integrative Wellness, Wellness, Meditation and Mindfulness, Nutrition and Fitness Departments.
· Manage IW Manager, IW Coordinator and all program staff
· 5 years’ experience in health and wellness focused programs, preferably in a wellness resort setting.
· Professional presentation and demeanor, comfort in speaking with media entities
· Strong Leadership and organizational skills necessary to manage and direct all aspects and operation of programs.
· Thorough understanding of operating and management techniques as they apply to resort industry.
· Proven success in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction.
· Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to effectively train, coach, evaluate, and correct employee behavior.
· Ability to travel occasionally on behalf of the company and to work flexible and extended hours as required by the operations of the resort.
· Familiarization with resort industry success measures and strategies for product positioning and brand management.
· Broad-based, up-to-date knowledge of programming trends, tools and resources for the spa, wellness and resort industries.
· Ability to write effective business communications, summaries and reports using both prescribed and creative formats.
· Ability to effectively monitor and control expenses, allocate financial resources and maintain budget restrictions.
· Accelerated decision-making and problem-solving abilities, utilizing factual information, company policies, and personal judgment through experience.
· Strong organizational skills, with emphasis on attention to detail and continuous follow-up.
· Ability to multi-task, manages interruptions, establish work priorities, handle stress and effectively matriculate in a fast-paced, frequently-changing environment.
Strong computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Lenox, MA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible