Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : http://k.rfer.us/SHANERCORPgm18M
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Shaner Hotel Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Director of Sales Conventions and Conferences is responsible for developing corporate event business for Daytona International Speedway venue and the One DAYTONA hotel properties. This role is responsible for lead and revenue generation and marketing the Speedway as a convention and large scale meeting destination throughout the year.
- Minimum of 7-10 year’s sales and/or management experience in related field, preferably convention bureau, facility or hotel sales and convention services
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) from four-year college or university in management, sales, marketing or related field
- A passion for sales and customer development
- Strong understanding of sales cycle
- Robust network of existing relationships in the M&C and Meeting Planner Industry
- Relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact comfortably and effectively with internal and external clients at all levels of the applicable organizations
- Highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic, results oriented and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication, presentation, and time management and attention to detail
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as required
- Must be a team player, self-starter, persistent and professional
This company is an equal opportunity employer.